Systems Innovation Officer
- Permanent, Full Time
- Circa $75k plus super, RDO
- Starting at Northcote Library but working across all branches as required
About City of Darebin
Darebin Libraries provides welcoming, inclusive and accessible spaces for our community members to connect, discover and learn. Our libraries (Fairfield, Northcote, Preston and Reservoir) provide equitable and easy access to information, support, facilities, technology and programs that range from improving personal wellbeing to tackling climate change to educating the community about the safe use of technology. We aim to enrich the lives of our diverse community and create opportunities for lifelong learning.
About the Role
Investigate, evaluate and deliver improvements to Darebin Libraries technology, systems, processes and services. With a passion for driving and communicating change through collaboration and innovation you will ensure that library technology services are responsive and accessible, taking the library beyond its physical confines.
- Undertake rostered customer service desk shifts, performing a range of tasks that support customers
- Evaluate new technology solutions for their relevance, robustness and value to the library service
- Engage stakeholders to understand the library environment and deliver solutions which are efficient and provide benefit to our library service
Skills & Experience
- Pragmatic and creative thinker with a growth mindset to serve the ever-changing needs of our community
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and sound judgement when solving day-to-day customer service issues
- Skilled at building internal and external partnerships to develop cross functional working relationships to gain support and build capacity to drive continuous improvement and efficiencies
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing information systems and technology solutions within a library or learning environment for both customers and employees
Darebin is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities in Victoria in terms of cultures, language (more than 118 languages are spoken), religions, socio-economic background, employment status, occupation and housing needs. You will work for an organisation that proudly values social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence.
- Working with staff committed to delivering the best quality service to our customers
- Fortnightly RDO
- Working for a Council with a strong sense of social justice and committed to the environment
- Access to secure on-site bicycle parking and a range of conveniently located public transport options
How to Apply
Start your application by clicking ‘Begin’ below. Candidates must provide a resume, and address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description in their cover letter. People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
This is a readvertised position and previous applicants need not apply.
Contact Fiona Rosselli, Team Leader Library Information Systems and Technology on (03) 8470 8953 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Sunday, 9 August 2020 at 11.30pm. Interviews are likely to be conducted during the week commencing 10 August 2020.
The City of Darebin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. Darebin is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.
How to apply:
- Start your application by clicking the "begin" button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form