Team Leader - Braybrook Library
Footscray, Australia | Reference: 6460283
- Permanent Full Time
- Band 6 ($94,440 - $102,322) plus 11.0% Super plus monthly ADO
Maribyrnong City Council is undergoing significant change in population growth, redevelopment, and a transitioning economy is leading to an influx of new residents, businesses and opportunities. Maribyrnong is becoming a sought after residential area and a destination for foodies.
- Are you passionate about changing lives through the delivery of impactful library services?
- Do you have experience leading, motivating and coaching a team to deliver high quality customer service in a busy service environment?
- Do you want to be part of a motivated leadership team committed to innovation and maximising community impact for the broader Maribyrnong community?
An exceptional opportunity exists for a dynamic library leader to engage and develop a diverse audience at Braybrook library.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, which confers eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association as a qualified librarian.
- Demonstrated ability in identifying, developing and delivering successful training programs.
- Well-developed skills in collection development and maintenance, and in providing high quality reference and Information Services that utilise collections, and online resources.
- Ability to foster and maintain positive partnerships with key stakeholders, including collocated agencies within an integrated hub environment.
- Experience in running a branch library facility, resources, programs and customer service.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to engage effectively with people of all ages and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in managing time effectively, setting priorities, planning, and organising own work, and the work of any employees under the incumbent's supervision, within the context of the library team environment.
Why Choose Maribyrnong?
- Work cross functionally in a friendly, supportive and professional multidisciplinary team;
- Enjoy a flexible and inclusive work environment;
- Work in a meaningful role within a Values driven organisation;
- Relish a vibrant foodie hub at your doorstep;
- Take a/n RDO every fortnight / Accrued Day Off every month.
So, if you are looking for a role where you can make a genuine difference and you enjoy working in a diverse community focused environment, Apply Now!
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and a Cover Letter via our Careers website telling us why you think you would be a great fit for this position and outlining your relevant experience in support of your application by 10:00pm on the closing date listed.
To download a copy of the position description, and to apply visit http://maribyrnong.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 6460283.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to child safety and supporting the best interests of children in all our operations. Council encourages young people, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Enquiries speak to Joanne Smith Coordinator Library Services on (03) 9032 4203
Applications Close: 15 Oct 2023