Team Leader - Children and Youth Services
Job No: GR210930 | Location: Kogarah
About Our Council
Georges River Council is a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. Our council is dedicated to helping protect our natural environment, providing vibrant public places, sustaining and developing a thriving creative culture and enabling people to move around the area easily. We offer access to a mix of housing options, create exciting job and business opportunities. We are experiencing exciting transformation, with numerous city-changing initiatives and projects underway.
Georges River Libraries employs approx. 65 staff who work across five libraries. All our staff are committed to and passionate about working with our local community to provide them with innovative and accessible resources.
Our purpose is to deliver professional public library services with open access to information and places for the whole community to come together to share ideas, knowledge and experiences. The way we fulfil our role has been and will continue to be transformed by the changing face of our diverse community as well as advances in online sources of information and digital opportunities. We will maintain a special focus on the principles of sustainability, accessibility and the professional development of our staff.
About the Opportunity
- Permanent full time - 70 hours per fortnight
- Salary from $79,559.72 - $92,181.87 per annum plus 10% superannuation
- Wellness perks including, free counselling, flu vaccinations, health-checks, gym subsidy and more
- Deliver innovative services that promote and support our community.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Team Leader Children and Youth Services to join our dynamic and innovative Library Services team. The successful candidate will actively contribute to the development of an effective and efficient Library services to meet the recreational, cultural, information and educational needs of children and youth. This role will provide and deliver high quality programs and events, information and reader’s advisory services and collections across the library service ensuring the strategic objectives of the organisation are achieved.
- Plan, develop , promote and deliver library and information services, programs and events that meet the diverse needs and interests of children and youth across the library service encouraging the development of literacy, creativity, digital citizenship and lifelong learning
- Research and report on relevant technology and best practice that relates to the provision of children and youth library services and programs
- In collaboration with relevant staff coordinate the promotion of programs, services and events targeted to children and youth through in-house publications, the online communications, and other promotional opportunities
Qualifications, Certificates & Licences
- Tertiary qualification in Library and Information Sciences allowing professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Driving Licence Class C (Car)
- Demonstrated experience in library and information services, collection development and digital resources relevant to the needs of children and young people
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing, promoting, delivering and evaluating effective and relevant library programs and events to children and young people to encourage literacy, creativity, digital citizenship and lifelong learning.
- Demonstrated interest and experience in the application of technology for the delivery of high-level library services and programs to children and young people
- Demonstrated analytical, time management, organisational and creative problem-solving skills
- Must have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencement of employment with Georges River Council, except where a medical contraindication certificate is provided.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Alexia Tedmanson, Coordinator Library Programs and Marketing on 02 9330 6202.
If you have made a positive commitment to further your career and you possess the attributes located in the Position Description, then please submit your application today. Applicants are asked to ensure that they provide responses to the targeted questions, failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Applications must be completed and submitted via our website. Closing Date: Monday 25 October 2021 at 11.30 PM AEST
Offers of employment at Georges River Council are contingent upon satisfactory results of a thorough background check.
Georges River Council aims to be a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. We foster our values of Accountability, Professionalism, Unity and Honesty and take pride in promoting the image of Council in the community.
We are committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
At Georges River Council we are committed to putting children first and championing child safety within our community. We actively advocate for the rights of children and young people and will uphold our commitment as a child safe organisation.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights (with no Visa restrictions) in Australia to apply for this position.