Team Leader - Craigieburn Library (100409)
*$89,704 pa (Band 6) plus super *Permanent Full time
- Reference: 5116376
Be a leader in one of Victoria's most progressive public library services!
About Hume Libraries
Hume City Council is located on the northern fringes of Melbourne. We have six public libraries servicing a growing population of over 230,000 people. In 2018/19 Hume Libraries had over 700,000 visits and loaned 900,000 items.
About the role
Hume Libraries has an exciting opportunity for an experienced librarian/team leader to lead the Craigieburn and Mobile Library teams. As the Team Leader - Craigieburn Library, you will be responsible for overseeing the successful daily operations, customer service, implementation of programs and ensuring delivery of high quality library services to the Craigieburn community and surrounding catchment areas.
You will lead, direct, motivate and develop staff of the Craigieburn and Mobile Library teams. This position will need to develop and maintain effective working relationships internally and with external providers.
- Under the direction of the Coordinator Library Programs and People, lead the branch specific delivery of high-quality library services to both Craigieburn and the Mobile Libraries including day-to-day operations
- Inspire, lead, direct, motivate and develop branch staff at the Craigieburn Library including the Mobile library
- Actively participate in the planning and general leadership of Hume Libraries through the Library leadership team
- Undertake regular customer service duties including regular evening and weekend shifts
- Build and maintain effective, positive collaborative relationships with all stakeholders in the building in which the library is located.
- Collaborate with the Coordinator Library Collections and Promotions on effective integration of collections and promotions into the library and digital literacy programs
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications that allow professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) and experience in public library operations, service delivery and library management systems
- Relevant experience in the management of library teams, including active supervision
- Relevant stakeholder management experience
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for working in modern public libraries and a demonstrated understanding of their role in the community
- Ability to work within the established Library Leadership team structure and positively contribute to the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organise work within set timelines
- Proficient use of all current library management systems, computer applications and software, electronic resources and digital devices
- Experience working in an RFID environment
Hume City Council is a leader in local government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality and support for its people.
Hume City is one of Australia's fastest-growing communities and with more people choosing to call Hume home, we're expected to welcome more than 57,000 new residents to our City over the next decade.
What We Offer
With our high level of employee engagement, Hume City Council offers a great working environment where you can develop your career. We offer flexible work arrangements and other benefits, such as study assistance and interest free loans for public transport. Our strong commitment to social justice and the environment provides opportunities for employees to participate in various programs.
For further information please view the position description or contact Amanda Forde on 03 9356 6900
Applications Close: 07 Jul 2020