Team Leader Library Collections
Job No: GR3455 | Location: Hurstville
About Our Council
Georges River Council is a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. Our council is dedicated to helping protect our natural environment, providing vibrant public places, sustaining and developing a thriving creative culture and enabling people to move around the area easily. We offer access to a mix of housing options, create exciting job and business opportunities. We are experiencing exciting transformation, with numerous city-changing initiatives and projects underway.
Georges River Libraries have 79 staff working across our five libraries. All our staff are committed to and passionate about working with our local community to provide them with innovative and accessible resources.
Our public library purpose is to provide professional and open access to information as well as to provide a place for the whole community to come together to share ideas, knowledge and experiences. The way we fulfil our role has been and will continue to be transformed by the changing face of our diverse community as well as advances in online sources of information and digital opportunities. We will maintain a special focus on the principles of sustainability, accessibility and the professional development of our staff.
About the Opportunity
- Permanent full time - 70 hours per fortnight (with eligibility to participate in flex scheme)
- Salary from $77,999.73 - $90,374.38 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- Wellness perks including, free counselling, flu vaccinations, health-checks, gym subsidy and more
- Deliver innovative services that promote and support our community.
Georges River Council is currently seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Team Leader to join our dynamic and busy Library Services Team. The successful candidate will lead the provision and evaluation of the Library’s collections and deliver a high quality customer focused Readers’ Advisory service to attain effective and efficient operation that meets the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Establish and maintain efficient and effective applications and procedures that support and monitor collection management activities and evaluation of the Library’s collections.
- Provide timely and professional Reference, Information and Readers Advisory service to library customers.
- Develop and maintain collection profiles, outsourcing processes, discretionary selection and ordering, cataloguing standards, processing and withdrawal of library materials.
- Provide team leadership, training and supervision.
- Provide budget information as required and monitor the Library’s collections budget.
Qualifications, Certificates & Licences
- Tertiary qualifications in Library and Information Science allowing professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association or a demonstrated commitment to obtain this
- Driving Licence Class C (Car)
- Demonstrated experience in the evaluation of collection usage, Library Management System statistics packages and the monitoring of service providers
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, train and supervise people in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong commitment and proven ability to deliver a high quality and innovative customer focused library service
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Experience in using the Spydus Library Management System.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Tim Ungaro, Coordinator Library Resources on 02 9330 6188.
If you have made a positive commitment to further your career and you possess the attributes located in the Position Description, then please submit your application today. Applicants are asked to ensure that they provide responses to the targeted questions, failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Closing Date: Wednesday 23 June 2021 11:30pm AEST
Offers of employment at Georges River Council are contingent upon satisfactory results of a thorough background check.
Georges River Council aims to be a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. We foster our values of Accountability, Professionalism, Unity and Honesty and take pride in promoting the image of Council in the community.
Georges River Council is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion.
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights (with no Visa restrictions) in Australia to apply for this position.