Team Leader - Library Hub (Weekends) (9824)
- Division: City Life
- Unit: Creative City
- Section: LIBRARIES & LEARNING
- Salary: AUD $83,542.00 per annum plus Penalties and Superannuation
- Employment status: Permanent
- Employment arrangement: Part Time 29 hours per week, Thursday to Sunday inclusive.
- Location: Sydney CBD
Caring for our city, creating a future for all
Our people are passionate about their communities and connected to their teams. They’re motivated by our genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion, and our clear, compelling plan for our global city: Sustainable Sydney 2030 – 2050 Continuing the Vision.
Be part of a purpose-led organisation, with care at its core. You’ll make a difference by acting in the best interests of our communities and city. Be better together with collaborative and inclusive partnerships. Embrace possibilities and be open to new ideas and creating bold solutions.
About the role
The City of Sydney Library Network of nine branches is a key front line service in the community for local residents, students, visitors, tourists and workers. Reporting to the Library Services Manager, the Team Leader - Library Hub (Weekends) will be responsible for the effective delivery of library services on the weekend, providing support to the weekend team to ensure visitors to the Library receive a seamless level of service between weekdays and weekends.
The position is 29 hours per week, spread evenly across a 4-day shift pattern, Thursday-Sunday. Penalty rates for weekends apply.
You will be responsible for:
- Leadership across the library network on weekends
- Working collaboratively with the extended leadership team and other stakeholders to ensure effective levels of service on the weekends
- Contributing to the development and implementation of strategies and business plans
- Engaging with the community and serving as a role model for the library network
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Degree qualification in a library related degree or GLAM sector
- Substantial experience leading and managing teams
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- A positive and flexible attitude and continuous improvement mindset
Applicants must have a current Working with Children's Check and be willing and prepared to work across any of the nine City library branches as required.
At the City of Sydney you’ll join a dedicated team where individual effort is part of something much bigger – creating great things for our city’s dynamic future.
To apply: Upload your resume and respond to the application questions to show how you meet the role’s requirements. Select 'Apply' to complete your online application.
The successful applicant is required to complete a Medical Examination, Health Declaration and Working with Children Check.
Position description: View or download the position description
Applications must be submitted online by 11.59pm, Monday 11 December 2023 | APPLY
For further information contact: Nikki Mason, Library Services Manager on 02 9265 9506.
A challenging and rewarding career: Why joining the City of Sydney might be the right move for you.
We offer a teams-based approach to flexibility. Our flexible working benefits include 26 week parental leave, paid partner leave of 6 weeks and paid super for up to 52 weeks of parental leave. You’ll have the opportunity to work a 19-day month with flexible working options.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and celebrate a workplace as diverse as our communities. We’re passionate about gender balance in the workplace, with an executive team that is two-thirds female and 50% of our leadership roles held by women.
We encourage all applicants, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, and LGBTIQA+ communities to join us.
We’re a disability confident recruiter. If you identify as a person with disability and require support for your application contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9265 9333.