Team Leader Library Information Technology
Job No: GR211209 | Location: Hurstville
About Our Council
Georges River Council is a leading, people-focused organisation with approximately 600 staff members. Our people are working to make the Georges River area an accessible, green, diverse and innovative community and economy. We are dedicated to providing vibrant public places, sustaining and developing a thriving creative culture, helping protect our natural environment, and making our suburbs more liveable.
About the Opportunity
- Permanent, Full-Time - 70 hours per fortnight
- Salary from $81,150.91 - $94,025.51 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation
- An exciting opportunity to make a positive difference for the community
- Support the management of the library and it's services to meet the community’s changing needs
- Take advantage of Council benefits including:
- hybrid working arrangements
- wellness perks including flu vaccinations, free counselling and health and wellbeing leave days
- ability to partake in council's Flex Fit Scheme including 9 day fortnight, based on operational requirements
- access to council leave entitlements including long service leave after 5 years
- Friendly team environment, committed to professional development
- Our Values – United, Professional, Honest and Accountable
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Team Leader Library Information Technology to join our dynamic and busy Library Services Team. As the Team Leader Library Information Technology you will initiate, implement, maintain and review a wide range of library related technologies to support the strategic objectives of the organisation, including the library management system, website, RFID, public computers and online resources. You will work in partnership with library management, library teams and other Council departments to design, develop and maintain applications that support the delivery of library services and ensure reliable access to online information resources and digital collections.
Qualifications, Certificates & Licences
- Tertiary qualifications in Library and Information Science, Information Technology or equivalent qualifications
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Extensive experience and knowledge of integrated library management systems and technological solutions and their application in the workplace.
- Demonstrated interest, experience and expertise in the application of technology for the delivery of high level library services.
- Experience in providing support and training for mobile computing and social network tools.
- Demonstrated high level skills in information technology, including web content development, online resources and social media.
- Experience in integrating new and emerging technologies into the delivery of information services and resources.
- Demonstrated team leadership and team building skills.
- Strong staff development skills including motivating, mentoring, performance managing and coaching staff.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of high quality training programs to customers and staff.
- Highly developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, including effective negotiation, consultation and consensus building.
- Must be fully vaccinated (minimum 2 doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide Council with evidence of vaccination, or an accepted certified medical contraindication. Council reserves the right to confirm the validity of contraindications in accordance with NSW Health guidelines, and to direct a Worker to undertake an independent medical examination in relation to the issuance of a medical contraindication certificate.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and possess the attributes located in the Position Description, please submit your application today! Ensure you provide responses and examples (where appropriate) to all required questions on the application.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Justin Yeomans, Coordinator Library Operations on 02 9330 9530.
Applications must be completed and submitted via our website. Closing Date: Sunday, 14 August 2022 11.30pm
Offers of employment at Georges River Council are contingent upon satisfactory results of a thorough background check.
Georges River Council aims to be a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. We foster our values of Accountability, Professionalism, Unity and Honesty and take pride in promoting the image of Council in the community.
We are committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQIA+ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
At Georges River Council we are committed to putting children first and championing child safety within our community. We actively advocate for the rights of children and young people and will uphold our commitment as a child safe organisation.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights (with no Visa restrictions) in Australia to apply for this position.