Team Leader Library Information Technology
Job No: GR220954 | Location: Hurstville
About Our Council
Georges River Council is a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. Our council is dedicated to helping protect our natural environment, providing vibrant public places, sustaining and developing a thriving creative culture and enabling people to move around the area easily. We offer access to a mix of housing options, create exciting job and business opportunities. We are experiencing exciting transformation, with numerous city-changing initiatives and projects underway.
Georges River Libraries are a place where people come together to share ideas, knowledge and experiences. It's a place where they can go to relax and escape, learn and be inspired. Our community can explore a range of books, manuscripts, photographs, films, maps and online resources as well as special objects our ‘Library of Things’. From digital cameras and musical instruments to international language books and unique local collections, you will discover a wide range of items to enjoy at the library. Our spaces are inviting, safe and accessible. From quiet reading rooms to busy media labs, making them ideal locations to discover, socialise and play. Our friendly team are on hand to help with any library and resourcing needs. Georges River Libraries are here to help inspire your world.
About the Opportunity
- Permanent, Full-Time - 70 hours per fortnight
- Competitive Salary from $81,150.91 - $94,025.51 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation
- An exciting opportunity to make a positive difference for the community
- Support the management of the library and it's services to meet the community’s changing needs
- We promote work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements including 9 day fortnight
- Additional Health and Wellbeing paid leave
- Additional three grant days of paid leave over Christmas (where applicable)
- Long Service Leave after five years
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging options
- Sponsored Study Program
- Parental Leave and Support
- Shine Bright Rewards Program
- Ongoing Education and Resources
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Team Leader Library Information Technology to join our dynamic and busy Library Services Team. As the Team Leader Library Information Technology you will initiate, implement, maintain and review a wide range of library related technologies to support the strategic objectives of the organisation, including the library management system, website, RFID, public computers and online resources. You will work in partnership with library management, library teams and other Council departments to design, develop and maintain applications that support the delivery of library services and ensure reliable access to online information resources and digital collections.
Qualifications, Certificates & Licences
- Tertiary qualifications in Library and Information Science, Information Technology or equivalent qualifications
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Extensive experience and knowledge of integrated library management systems and technological solutions and their application in the workplace.
- Demonstrated interest, experience and expertise in the application of technology for the delivery of high level library services.
- Experience in providing support and training for mobile computing and social network tools.
- Demonstrated high level skills in information technology, including web content development, online resources and social media.
- Experience in integrating new and emerging technologies into the delivery of information services and resources.
- Demonstrated team leadership and team building skills.
- Strong staff development skills including motivating, mentoring, performance managing and coaching staff.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of high quality training programs to customers and staff.
- Highly developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, including effective negotiation, consultation and consensus building.
- Must be fully vaccinated (minimum 2 doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide Council with evidence of vaccination, or an accepted certified medical contraindication. Council reserves the right to confirm the validity of contraindications in accordance with NSW Health guidelines, and to direct a Worker to undertake an independent medical examination in relation to the issuance of a medical contraindication certificate.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and possess the attributes located in the Position Description, please submit your application today! Ensure you provide responses and examples (where appropriate) to all required questions on the application.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Justin Yeomans, Acting Manager Cultural Engagement and Library Services on 02 9330 9530.
Applications must be completed and submitted via our website. Closing Date: Sunday 27 November 2022 11.30pm.
Offers of employment at Georges River Council are contingent upon satisfactory results of a thorough background check.
Georges River Council aims to be a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. We foster our values of Accountability, Professionalism, Unity and Honesty and take pride in promoting the image of Council in the community.
We are committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQIA+ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
At Georges River Council we are committed to putting children first and championing child safety within our community. We actively advocate for the rights of children and young people and will uphold our commitment as a child safe organisation.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights (with no Visa restrictions) in Australia to apply for this position.