Team Leader Library Services (Community Development)
- Permanent, Full time
- Salary from $87,916 to $93,421 per annum, plus superannuation
- Exciting opportunity to join a growth Council and lead a team to deliver exceptional customer service experiences
About the City of Wanneroo
The City of Wanneroo is a diverse and flexible environment that offers a range of career opportunities where you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the local community and our people. Our vibrant and inclusive team is what makes the City an enjoyable and rewarding place to be.
We celebrate all diversity and strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to consider working for a Local Government organisation that values who you are. Bring your skills, knowledge and commitment to a team that is welcoming and enthusiastic about you joining us!
About the position
We are looking for a reliable and energetic individual with great communication skills who has a passion for contemporary library practices with a strong focus on community development and customer service.
Reporting to the Coordinator Library Services and as part of a broader leadership team, the role will help drive excellence in the provision and delivery of localised library services through strong leadership and community engagement. Strategically guided by Cultural Development management, the role is responsible for managing the effective daily operations of a branch library, confronting challenges and leading within a change environment.
This role leads and manages staff whilst collaborating and engaging with internal and external stakeholders to develop and deliver library and community services and activities. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Daily operations of a library branch including supervising, training, and scheduling staff, providing information and services, and modelling customer service;
- Meeting current and future community needs through a focused and effectively targeted service;
- Ensuring that all staff are providing a high quality customer focused service to library patrons;
- Developing and implementing programs, and procedures for the branch; coordinating activities and programs with other library teams, functions and locations;
- Managing and driving staff performance in a fair and equitable manner; and
- Leading the delivery of services and activities while maintaining an attractive library including collection, displays and building.
We are seeking a driven and passionate leader with high-level communication skills and experience in community engagement and customer service.
Your professional experience and knowledge will ensure a well-developed understanding of what a contemporary public library service provides to our growing community, inclusive of a quality customer experience that is truly welcoming, responsive and inclusive.
We are looking for a high energy individual who empowers others and has the drive and ambition to succeed. As such, you will be able to demonstrate through your resume and covering letter that you meet the following capabilities:
- University degree in relevant discipline in relevant discipline such as Library and Information Science, Community Development, or equivalent is required;
- The ability to lead a team, particularly in a high pressure customer focussed environment;
- Experience in analysis, planning, analysis, coordination, delivery and supervision of community and library services;
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills; and
- Experience in community engagement and customer service environments.
Why work for the City of Wanneroo
The City offers a range of employment benefits including:
- generous matching of superannuation contributions up to a combined total of 15%;
- five weeks annual leave;
- a work-life balance program providing flexible work practices (subject to operational requirements);
- up to 12 weeks paid parental leave;
- purchase leave (subject to operational requirements);
- professional development opportunities;
- an inclusive, welcoming office environment; and
- an opportunity to reduce your commute and work in a goal-driven professional team closer to home.
To find out more about our benefits, click here!
If this position sounds like your next career step - and you're keen to spend less time commuting and more time doing the things you're passionate about - then apply now. We look forward to receiving your application.
Reference Number: 18300
Close date: 30 May 2022 (10:00pm AWST)
For further information regarding the position visit the City of Wanneroo website or contact Darren von Bergheim, Coordinator Library Services on 08 9405 5949.
The City of Wanneroo complies with all State Government public health orders and directives related to COVID19 Mandatory vaccination of critical workers in WA. Applicants and current employees must therefore be willing to provide evidence of their vaccination status as requested by the City in order to continue to comply with all State Government public health orders and directives, current and as they may change from time to time.
Applicants may be required to undergo a medical assessment to determine their fitness to carry out the duties of this position.
All employees and prospective employees of the City of Wanneroo are required to declare any secondary employment and private activities to ensure that any conflict of interests may be appropriately managed.
To apply for this position, you must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to provide a National Police Clearance no older than 6 months.
- Position Description: Team Leader Library Services (Community Development)
- Location: City of Wanneroo - Library Services
- Permanent - Full Time
- Applications Close: 11.30 PM 30 May 2022
- Salary: From $87,916.00 To $93,421.00
- Contact: Darren von Bergheim | 08 9405 5949