Team Leader Sunbury Library (100404)
Broadmeadows, Australia | Reference: 5574737
*$89,704 pa (Band 6), plus super *Permanent full time
Hume Libraries has an exciting opportunity for an experienced librarian/team leader to lead the Sunbury Library team. If you are a motivational leader with a passion for high quality library service provision coupled with a keen interest in community development, this may be the role for you. You will
- Under the direction of the Coordinator Library Programs and People, coordinate and manage the operations of the Sunbury and Tullamarine Libraries ensuring the delivery of all localised library services are high quality, high performing, relevant and responsive to the needs of the local communities;
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of library and learning activities for the Sunbury and Tullamarine communities with a whole of service outlook;
- Collaborate with all members of the Library Management Team on the effective functioning and integration of technology, collections and promotions for the Sunbury and Tullamarine Libraries with a whole of service outlook.
- Tertiary qualifications ensuring eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association and experience in public library operations, service delivery and library management systems;
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for working in modern public libraries and a demonstrated understanding of their role in the community;
- Relevant experience in the management of library teams, including active supervision;
- Proficiency in the use of all current library management systems, RFID technology, computer applications and software, electronic resources and digital devices.
Hume City Council is a leader in local government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality and support for its people.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion and the principles of gender equality.
Our Council recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians.
We have zero tolerance for child abuse and adhere to the Victorian Child Safe Standards and related legislation. Our people are required to observe child safe requirements and support the safety, participation, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
Our strong commitment to social justice and the environment provides opportunities for employees to participate in various programs.
We offer flexible work arrangements and a range of other employee benefits to support employee's work life balance.
For further information please view position description or contact Amanda Forde on 0428 864 392.
Applications Close: 03 August 2021