Team Leader, Sunbury Library (100404)
Broadmeadows, Australia | Reference: 6462971
Join a people focused team with the ability to make a difference in the community!
- $95,195 per annum (Band 6A) plus Super
- Full-Time Permanent Position and Monthly RDO
- Organisational commitment to training and development
Hume Libraries has an exciting opportunity for an experienced librarian/team leader to lead the Sunbury Library team. If you are a motivational leader with a passion for high quality library service provision coupled with a keen interest in community development, this may be the role for you.
In This Exciting Opportunity You Will Be Responsible For…
- Under the direction of the Coordinator Library Customer Experience, coordinate and manage the operations of the Sunbury and Tullamarine Libraries ensuring the delivery of all localised library services are high quality, high performing, relevant and responsive to the needs of the local communities;
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of library and learning activities for the Sunbury and Tullamarine communities with a whole of service outlook;
- Collaborate with all members of the Library Management Team on the effective functioning and integration of technology, collections and promotions for the Sunbury and Tullamarine Libraries with a whole of service outlook.
Essential Qualifications & Experience Include…
- Tertiary qualifications ensuring eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association and experience in public library operations, service delivery and library management systems.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for working in modern public libraries and a demonstrated understanding of their role in the community.
- Relevant experience in the management of library teams, including active supervision.
- Proficiency in the use of all current library management systems, RFID technology, computer applications and software, electronic resources and digital devices.
All candidates will be required to undertake background and probity checks including an Interview, Reference Checks, Preemployment Medical Check, Working with Children Check and a Criminal Record Check.
Enquiries: Amanda Forde, 0428 864 392
A leader in local government, we are committed to creating an inclusive and collaborative work environment that values and respects our 1800 employees;
We offer a competitive salary package, professional development opportunities, and a supportive work environment. We are a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer.
The council encourages young people, people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applications Close: 19 Oct 2023