Team Leader - Vermont South Library (Job share)
Applications closing on 14 August 2022, 11:00 PM
- Reference number: BR3
- Job Type: Part Time
- Package: $74,995 - $86,559 (pro-rata) + Superannuation
- Position Description: BR3-Team-Leader-Position-Description-December-2021.pdf(PDF, 326KB)
TEAM LEADER – Vermont South Library
Ongoing - Job Share
Part Time (0.64)
Band 5 $74,995 - $86,559 (pro-rata) + Superannuation
Whitehorse Manningham Libraries is seeing a qualified librarian to help lead the team at Vermont South Library. The Vermont South Library is lovely small branch and would suit someone wanting to work in a close-knit community. The Vermont South Library is lovely medium sized branch and would suit someone wanting to work in a close-knit community.
About the Role
Whitehorse Manningham Libraries invite applications from qualified librarians who are committed to providing an excellent customer service environment. This position is a job share role and will require the successful applicant to work closely with the other part time Team Leader.
The successful applicant will:
- Have the ability to coordinate a medium sized branch library
- Engage with a diverse community and stakeholders
- Be committed to the delivery of information services
- Have strong people management skills
- Enjoy working as a member of a small team
- Have strong communication skills
- Possess a tertiary qualification acceptable for professional membership (librarian) of the Australian Library and Information Association
The successful candidate will have a positive attitude and the capacity to engage with a diverse range of community groups. This position is an excellent opportunity for a librarian passionate about developing innovative public library services.
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to acquire a Working with Children Check card and must be willing to undergo a National Police Record Check. Previous public library experience would be an advantage.
While this position is currently vacant at the Vermont South Library, all applicants should be aware that it is a condition of employment that all employees can be required to work at any of the eight Whitehorse Manningham Libraries branches. Rostered weekend work and evening shifts will be required.
WML offers the following benefits:
- Access to professional development opportunities that support our commitment to life-long learning and a skilled workforce
- Purchased leave arrangements and carry-over entitlements from the Local Government sector
- Ability to salary sacrifice superannuation
- Employee Assistance Program for staff and their immediate family members
All applicants are required to read the position description and candidate information pack prior to submitting an application. Applications are to be submitted via the link (preferred) or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must include a cover letter, resume and a response to the Key Selection Criteria.
For further information contact Jonathan Gosden on 03 9896 4320.
Applications close 11.00pm Sunday 14 August 2022
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.