Team Member Library Aged & Disability
- Permanent Full Time opportunity
- Supportive and collaborative environment
- Work for an Employer of Choice
Are you a qualified and experienced in Library and Information Science or perhaps a similar field? If you have strong communication skills and have experience the managing day-to-day library operations, then this role might be for you!
Why should you join our team?
This is an exciting opportunity to join the largest Council in NSW and work for an organisation that is an employer of choice and innovates and collaborates. Here at CBCity, we offer access to health and wellbeing programs, access to further training and development and the option to accrue time off.
The salary range for this opportunity commences at $63,205 (Grade D, Step1) + 10% super.
Click on the link below to access salary information for all steps within the designated Grade.
As team member of the Aged and Disability Team, you will participate in the day-to-day operations of the Library Team and assist with the development, implementation and evaluation of the organisation’s Aged and Disability services, programs and projects.
Your role will involve providing a high-quality customer focussed service, and help maintain a positive library environment, including the Home Library and Bus to the Library Services. You will maintain an understanding of community and ensure library collections are relevant to their needs and assist the team in meeting targets and deadlines, cost estimates and budget objectives.
(See PD available for download under Document\s above for key accountabilities)
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Library and Information Science allowing professional membership of ALIA, or other relevant tertiary qualifications appropriate to this position
- Current Class C drivers licence
- Working with Children Check.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to delivering quality customer service in a cross-cultural customer service environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with members of the public, business unit customers, team members and partners.
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Demonstrated ability in negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrated ability in computer skills (MS office application) and online database skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Role located primarily at Campsie Library but may be required to work from Bankstown Library, depending on business needs.
- Flexible work practices (opportunity to earn additional time off)
- 35 Hour week
- Access to health and wellbeing programs
- Access to further training and development
- Work for an award-winning organisation that will truly value your input
- Work for an Employer of Choice
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online by clicking the 'Apply' button below and creating a login using your email address. When submitting your application, make sure to address the Essential Criteria mentioned in the below Position Description in your covering letter. To apply you must address the Essential and Desirable criteria in the position description.
Applications close at 11:59pm, 25 March 2022
For more information, please contact Renata Rekiel (Coordinator Programs and Partnership) on 0409 566 875 or Renata.Rekiel@cbcity.nsw.gov.au
Successful applicants may be required to undertake a Criminal History Check, Medical and/or Working with Children check in accordance with the position.
Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all team members and other workers. Our COVIDSafe Workplace Policy requires all team members to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment with Canterbury Bankstown Council. Medical exemptions are only available if you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical contraindications. Applications for a medical exemption will be managed in accordance with Council’s COVIDSafe Workplace Policy.
Canterbury-Bankstown Council prides itself on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.