Team Member Library E Services x 2
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Salary starting from $61,050 p/a + 9.5% super
- Canterbury/Bankstown Location
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the Community and Cultural Services team at Canterbury-Bankstown Council as a Team Member Library eServices. There are 2 positions available.
The purpose of this role is to develop, coordinate and deliver engaging and innovative digital library collections and services. To provide specialist knowledge and professional support regarding digital collections, online databases, social media applications and associated technologies.
The position is full time, 35 hours per week, working Monday to Friday with the possibility of requiring a minimum of two nights per week and rostered weekend work. Library staff are required to wear a uniform, which will be provided.
The starting salary for this role is $61, 050 pa plus 9.5% Super.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the development and implementation of strategies and plans regarding the Library’s eServices.
- Actively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to support the development, maintenance and efficient delivery of the Library's eCollections, online databases, social media and eTechnologies, including but not limited to, digital signage.
- Develop and maintain a Library web presence which is interactive, utilises new and emerging technologies and improves access.
- Regularly monitor online services to ensure continual access.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and implementation of eCollections and online databases.
*For a full list of responsibilities please refer to the Position Description (available under Document/s above)
- Eligible for membership of Australian Library and Information Association or experience relevant to the duties stated below;
- Demonstrated strong commitment to delivering quality customer service
- Demonstrated high level skills and experience with eCollections, online databases, social media applications and associated technologies
- Demonstrated awareness of changing trends and innovations in public library practice in relation to social media and digital engagement
- Proven ability to identify, evaluate, recommend and implement new digital technologies
- Ability to effectively monitor systems and processes to ensure continuous access
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, including ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated high level communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal), including high level English skills
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop and deliver high quality training programs to staff with different skill levels and from diverse backgrounds; conduct training needs analysis and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team environment, providing a positive, professional and co-operative approach to working with others.
- Experience/knowledge of legal compliance responsibilities with eResources
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Located in the City of Canterbury Bankstown
- Flexible work practices (Available from October 2020)
- Access to health and wellbeing programs
- Access to further training and development
- Work for an award-winning organisation that will truly value your input
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online by clicking the 'Apply' button below and creating a login using your email address. Please provide a current CV and a covering letter addressing each of the Essential Criteria listed above.
Applications close at 11:59pm, Sunday 12th July, 2020
For more information, please contact Samantha Leung - Team Leader Library eServices on 0436 334 497
Please note: Successful applicants may be required to undertake a Criminal History Check, Medical and/or Working with Children check in accordance with the position.
Canterbury-Bankstown Council prides itself on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/city-of-canterbury-bankstown