Team Member Library Systems
- Permanent Full Time opportunity
- Supportive and collaborative environment
- Campsie Location
Do you have experience supporting library technologies? Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills? Do you have experience providing guidance and training for staff? If so, then this may be the perfect role for you!
Why should you join our team?
This is an exciting opportunity to join the largest Council in NSW and work for an organisation that is an Employer of Choice and values innovation and collaboration. Here at CBCity, we offer access to health and wellbeing programs, access to further training and development and the option to accrue time off.
The salary range for this opportunity commences at $63,205 (Grade D, Step1) + 10% super.
Click on the link below to access salary information for all steps within the designatedGrade.
In this role, you will assist with the maintenance and support of library systems, including the Library Management System (LIBERO), public access computers, RFID systems, print solutions, PC bookings, ancillary equipment etc.
You will communicate with internal and external stakeholders to troubleshoot and resolve systems issues in a timely and professional manner, providing recommendations for enhancements to the Team Leader Library Systems.
You will use your technical knowledge and skills to provide guidance to staff and customers and to develop and deliver staff training.
You will also actively contribute to the implementation of service improvement across the Library Service and to the Library Information Technology Strategic Plan.
This position will be based at Campsie and will require regular onsite visits to each of the nine branches within the Library Service.
(See PD under Document\s above for key accountabilities)
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Eligible for membership of Australian Library and Information Association or qualifications/experience relevant to the duties stated;
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting library technologies;
- Proven ability to investigate and analyse hardware and software technology related problems;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, including coordination of multiple tasks;
- Experience in developing and delivering training to staff with differing skill levels;
- High level skills in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications including Excel;
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate technical knowledge to library staff with different skill levels.
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- 35 Hour week
- Flexible work practices (opportunity to earn additional time off)
- Access to health and wellbeing programs
- Access to further training and development
- Work for an Employer of Choice
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online by clicking the 'Apply' button below and creating a login using your email address. When submitting your application, make sure to address the Essential Criteria mentioned in the below Position Description in your covering letter. To apply you must address the Essential and Desirable criteria in the position description
Applications close at 11:59pm, Wednesday, 23 March 2022.
For more information, please contact Dale Whitfield (Team Leader Library Systems) on 0436 427 187 or email Dale.Whitfield@cbcity.nsw.gov.au.
Successful applicants may be required to undertake a Criminal History Check, Medical and/or Working with Children check in accordance with the position.
Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all team members and other workers. Our COVIDsafe Workplace Policy requires all team members to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment with Canterbury Bankstown Council. Medical exemptions are only available if you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical contraindications. Applications for a medical exemption will be managed in accordance with Council’s COVIDSafe Workplace Policy.
Canterbury-Bankstown Council prides itself on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For more information about CB City and other employment opportunities, follow us on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/city-of-canterbury-bankstown