Tech Support Officer
Located at: Lilydale | Classification: Band 4, Level A-D
- Permanent Full Time – 35 Hours per week
- $66,520-$72,496 plus Superannuation
We are seeking a Tech Support Officer for our Lilydale Library branch.
To be a successful TSO you must have an affinity for technology – at any time of the day a library customer asks for help – we cannot pre-determine their questions, their devices or even their own capabilities. More often or not they have been told by a friend that the “lovely person at the library will help” – so be prepared.
Your team colleagues often look to you for support. You manage and facilitate weekly booked one-on-one sessions – developing technology literacy skills. These sessions may not necessarily be held in the library e.g. sessions could be provided at Aged Care Facilities. You may be asked to lead TSO sessions about a variety of technology devices in bigger group sessions again not necessarily in the library.
The ability to train and provide the impetus to learn is essential. Train the Trainer training is provided.
You will support in-house technology training programs – you will be your Branch Champion. To ensure success you need to build an excellent working relationship with your team, colleagues and the wider regional network of fellow TSOs.
You also provide first point of contact customer service. You undertake routine library tasks, keep the library looking attractive and inviting, and assist library staff as required. You must:
- Have a love of working with people, high-level interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Be prepared to muck in when your team needs you from setting up tables and chairs for events, participating in festivals to returning and shelving library materials
Your job is always changing and we encourage you to take the initiative and to give it your best.
Please find attached the Role Prospectus, which includes the Position Description and Conditions of Employment.
Eastern Regional Libraries [‘Your Library’] is a great place to work.
Key selection criteria:
Please detail your experience (200 words limit per criteria):
- How would you ensure that the community receives a positive customer service experience at our libraries?
- What is your go to technologies and why?
- How would you promote digital literacy in the community and within your team?
The Role Prospectus can be downloaded here
How to Apply
All applicants are required to read the Role Prospectus prior to applying.
Applications will only be accepted via firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copy applications will not be considered.
Your application should include:
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A separate document that addresses the key selection criteria listed above
- A three-minute video that demonstrates your strengths, personality and what you can bring to our organisation.
Applications that do not include all of these components may not be considered.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 13 February 2022 and should be sent to:
Specific enquiries can be directed to:
Christine Smith (Corporate Manager Operations) 03 9800 6402 or Chantell Harriss (Manager Branch Services) 03 9800 6414.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.