Warrumbungle Libraries Coordinator
Job No: DRC1062 | Location: Coonabarabran
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
Macquarie Regional Library is a strategic partnership between Dubbo Regional Council, as the executive council, Warrumbungle Shire Council and Narromine Shire Council servicing nearly 70,000 residents across 25,168 square kilometres. The Warrumbungle Libraries Coordinator oversees the daily operations of three (3) branch libraries and three (3) services points in the Warrumbungle Shire. The main branch library is located at Coonabarabran with two other small branches at Coolah and Dunedoo and service points at Baradine, Mendooran and Binnaway.
The Warrumbungle Shire is strategically positioned on the Newell Highway mid-way between Brisbane and Melbourne. The Shire provides links with surrounding regional centres and is within two (2) hours drive of the regional cities of Dubbo and Tamworth. The Warrumbungle Shire has a population of 9,380 covering an area of approximately 12,380 square kilometres. The scenic location amongst friendly country communities provides an ideal setting for those looking to balance a country lifestyle and career.
The Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of high quality and effective library and information services in accordance with Macquarie Regional Library’s strategic objectives, policies, and procedures. You will plan and deliver services, programs and events that enhance community engagement, literacy skills, educational, recreational and lifelong learning.
The position is part of a seven-day circulation desk roster which includes working Saturdays on a rotational basis.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Deliver excellence in customer service experiences,
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships with community organisations, agencies and groups including formal and informal education providers, and
- Model, promote and support leadership, decision making and problem solving through planning, coaching and developing staff.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Diploma in Library and Information Science with an Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) accredited qualification as a Library Technician, or willingness to obtain.
- Experience in developing and delivering library and information services, preferably, in a public library environment,
- Experience in community engagement and delivering community programs and events,
- Experience in leading a small team to achieve organisational goals and goals,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and
- Demonstrated understanding of current issues and trends in public libraries.
We are looking for an experienced library professional who takes pride in delivering high quality services, and developing and applying innovative strategies for the provision of programs and activities for the community. You will be a skilled leader who will relish the opportunity to work with a vibrant, positive and energised team that services the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave (pro-rated), access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
A Working With Children Check is required for this position.
Salary: $79,147 -$91,980 per annum plus superannuation
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Manager Macquarie Regional Library on 02 6801 4500
Closing Date: 9:00am Wednesday 28 September 2022
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page here
- On the application page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)