Word for Word Festival Administrator
6 month fixed term - Part-time (0.6)
$61,790 to $66,717 per annum plus super (Pro Rata)
The Geelong Regional Library Corporation delivers world-class lifelong learning events and cultural programs. The Word for Word National Non-Fiction Festival is a unique annual literary event showcasing non-fiction writing and ideas, featuring world-renowned writers, dynamic panel discussions and “in conversation” sessions. In 2020, Word for Word Festival will embark on an exciting new online program that will ensure the accessibility of Australia’s only major literary event dedicated exclusively to non-fiction.
We are looking for an experienced administrator to support the Director, Word for Word Festival to ensure the successful delivery of a high quality, community-focused, accessible event. You will provide excellent administrative expertise, while also being able to build and foster relationships with sponsors, presenters and internal and external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to;
- Prioritise own workload to ensure appropriate administrative support is provided to the Festival Director and other festival team members as required
- Prepare and send all booking confirmations and presenter itineraries
- Assist the Festival Director with financial and invoice related administration and budget requirements
- Upload session content to ticketing website
- Make minor corrections or changes to Festival website as required
- Take and prepare minutes of Festival committee meetings for distribution
- Attend and support Word for Word Festival sessions as required
- Assist in the coordination of virtual (online) events including involvement with attendees and participants
- Liaise closely with the Coordinator, Events and Production to assist in the delivery of the logistical requirements of the festival
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume and statement addressing the key selection criteria. Please note, applications which do not address the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description, cannot be considered.
Applications close Midnight, 12 July 2020.