Young People’s Services Librarian
- Applications Close: 10/08/2021 4:00 PM
- Location: Administration Building
- Work Type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Fixed term for up to one year, parental leave | Full-time (average of 38 hours per week)
Based at the Rockingham Central Library you will provide library services to the community, ensuring all available services are provided to children and young people, and contribute to the efficient operation of the Library as a whole.
To be the successful candidate, you will have experience in a customer focussed environment and are able to communicate effectively with children, youth and their parents. You have demonstrated skills in problem solving and time management and are able to demonstrate these skills along with your ability to use initiative.
You have proven experience in planning, promoting and organising events and programs, particularly with a community focus. You work well in a team environment and are able to establish and maintain positive work relationships with different government authorities, education institutions and individual stakeholders. You have a passion for increasing literacy among children and young people, and for promoting library services and resources to residents.
You possess a tertiary qualification in library services and/or early childhood education. A ‘C’ class driver’s licence and use of own vehicle is essential as in this role you will be required to drive between the City’s libraries.
To be considered for this role, you must address the following selection criteria as part of your online application:
- Tertiary qualification in Librarianship/and or Early Childhood Education (eligibility for Associate Membership of Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)).
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in a field of Young People’s Services, library services or early childhood education including planning promoting and implementing community programmes and events.
- Knowledge of services to children and youth and the ability to communicate and relate effectively with children, youth and their parents.
- Well developed technology skills including audio-visual equipment and proven capacity to operate a variety of computer programs and applications including social media tools.
- High level of customer service delivery.
We are offering a gross cash salary of $72,077 per annum
We value our employees and offer:
- 11% plus the opportunity to co-contribute
- A variety of health and wellbeing programmes
- Flexible working arrangements, including rostered days off and two additional paid days of absence per annum
- Training and development opportunities including paid study leave and study fees
An information package is available on our website.
Applications will be accepted until 4pm, Tuesday 10 August 2021.
The City of Rockingham encourages candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability and people who speak a first language other than English.