Young People's Services Librarian
Fixed term, up to 30 June 2023
Full-time (an average of 76 hours per fortnight)
The City of Rockingham is located 40km south of the Perth CBD and is one of the fastest growing local governments in the south metropolitan area. We are responsible for the provision and delivery of high quality services, facilities and events that meet or exceed community expectations. Providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees is important to us and we are committed to employing team members who share the City’s Values of Recognition, Ethics, Service, Professional Development, Empowerment, Communication and Teamwork – RESPECT. These Values are incorporated into all aspects of employment at the City.
Based at the Warnbro Community Library you will provide library services to the community, ensuring all available services are provided to children and young people, and contribute to the efficient operation of the Library as a whole.
To be the successful candidate, you will have experience in a customer focussed environment and are able to communicate effectively with children, youth and their parents. You have demonstrated skills in problem solving and time management and are able to demonstrate these skills along with your ability to use initiative.
You have proven experience in planning, promoting and organising events and programs, particularly with a community focus. You work well in a team environment and are able to establish and maintain positive work relationships with different government authorities, education institutions and individual stakeholders. You have a passion for increasing literacy among children and young people, and for promoting library services and resources to residents.
You possess a tertiary qualification in library services and/or early childhood education. A ‘C’ class driver’s licence and use of own vehicle is essential as in this role you will be required to drive between the City’s libraries.
To be considered for this role, you must address the following selection criteria as part of your online application:
- Tertiary qualification in Librarianship/and or Early Childhood Education (eligibility for Associate Membership of Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)).
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in a field of Young People’s Services, library services or early childhood education including planning promoting and implementing community programmes and events.
- Knowledge of services to children and youth and the ability to communicate and relate effectively with children, youth and their parents.
- Well developed technology skills including audio-visual equipment and proven capacity to operate a variety of computer programs and applications including social media tools.
- High level of customer service delivery.
We are offering a gross salary of $74,256 per annum, and:
- 11% superannuation plus the opportunity to co-contribute up to 5%
- A variety of health and wellbeing programmes
If successful you will be required to provide proof of being fully COVID-19 vaccinated.
An information package is available on our website.
Applications must be submitted online by 5pm, Sunday 29 May 2022.
In the interests of fairness and equity, late applications will not be accepted.
Don’t be fooled by the ‘closing date’ that appears on our website – we have to put a date in but the reality is that applications will close without notice when the City considers it has a suitable pool of potential candidates. If you are interested and have the right skills for either position, we highly recommend you apply as soon as possible. Now is good!
The City of Rockingham encourages candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability and people who speak a first language other than English.
Attachments:- Information Pack - Young People\'s Services Librarian - May 2022.pdf