Home Library and Seniors Inclusion Officer
Job No: MCC152323 | Location: MidCoast NSW
About the MidCoast Region
From lakes and estuaries to white sandy beaches to world heritage mountain wilderness, the MidCoast region offers an attractive lifestyle for everyone. Our community is characterised by its welcoming attitude, growing economy and natural beauty. These are the pillars of the quality of life we value. To find out more about our beautiful region click here.
At MidCoast Council our people are our most important asset and we believe that we can only reach our full potential when you reach yours. This is the place for those who seek to play a role in the community and have an enthusiasm to learn and grow. Here you can make a real difference.
Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We value, support and empower our people to deliver positive results for our community.
Right now, we are investing heavily in our organisation, and our people. Our Administration Centre has relocated to a brand-new state of the art facility designed to inspire innovation, creativity and collaboration. The building has been named ‘Yalawanyi Ganya’ which means “sitting/meeting place” in the Gathang language of the indigenous people across the MidCoast Region.
The role & you
MidCoast Council Libraries are lively, busy places of social inclusion where members of our community borrow items for leisure and lifelong learning, learn about new technology, participate in activities, and use our spaces for studying.
The Home Library and Seniors Inclusion Officer is a key role that supports community outreach service delivery across the whole MidCoast region. The position will be responsible for coordinating our Home Library operations and volunteers, and contributing to the development and delivery of seniors inclusion and digital programs.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Delivering a high-quality customer experience across the library network by clarifying and understanding customer requests, presenting options and explaining solutions
- Ensuring a quality home library service through readers advisory services, volunteer recruitment and development, implementing continuous improvement strategies, collection profiling and selection, and marketing plans
- Developing and coordinating inclusive services, events and programs that support lifelong learning, digital literacy, and community wellbeing outcomes
- Assisting volunteers and clients to utilise technologies, systems and applications and support their learning and skills development
What you will bring
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on building connections and promoting inclusion
- Demonstrated aptitude for technology and the ability to facilitate digital literacy activities
- Current Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- Current Class C driver’s license
The package: Salary range $63,000 - $76,000 plus superannuation
Location: Mobile position across the MidCoast region
Tenure: Permanent full-time, 35 hours per week
How to apply:
- Before applying please review the POSITION DESCRIPTION
- When responding to the questions below, please include detailed and relevant examples of your skills and experience.
- We recommend you prepare your question responses in a separate Word document and once complete, copy each response to the relevant question on the application form.
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the application form to attach your resume.
- You will be able to review your application before submitting it.
- We will be in touch via email.
At MidCoast Council, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Our aim is to provide all of our staff with an inclusive, safe and healthy working environment.
For questions relating to the position requirements please contact Nathan Jeffs, Community Outreach Librarian on (02) 7955 7832.
For enquiries regarding the application process contact Josie Reardon, Talent Acquisition Officer on (02) 7955 7328.
Closing date: Sunday 11 December 2022 at 11.30 pm.