Library Services Trainee
- Traineeship up to 30 months
- Salary from $728.10 per week plus Superannuation
- Diploma of Library and Information Services (BSB50520)
- Recruitment No. 21118
Wollongong is a vibrant, diverse city, situated on one of Australia's most picturesque coastlines. Regarded as Australia's most liveable regional city, Wollongong offers a relaxed, coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of a major city.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles
Do you want to be part of a great, customer focused library service? Start our library career with us!
A traineeship in Wollongong City Libraries is the starting point for a career that can take you anywhere, from helping people find information, to bringing people together through digital and social media, to changing the future of local communities. Libraries change people’s lives.
In this traineeship, you will work across a range of Wollongong City Libraries’ services and locations. You will learn how to help people enrich their lives through reading, accessing library and community resources and participating in programs and events.
This traineeship involves undertaking repetitive manual tasks relating to library services activities.
This is a 30-month traineeship undertaking a Diploma of Library and Information Services. Alongside your studies, you will gain valuable work experience across a range of different teams and receive ongoing support and guidance to jump start a rewarding role in Local Government.
We are looking for someone who…
- Is eligible in 2022 to enrol into the Diploma of Library and Information Services
- Has a genuine interest and commitment to the community, learning and libraries
- Is interested in reading, technology and community programs
- Is resilient and keen to try new things
- Is comfortable and confident using online and digital technologies
- Shows good judgment and maturity
- Can talk to people from a range of backgrounds including people with disability and of all ages
- Is enthusiastic, engaging and a team player
- Has great organisational skills
If this sounds like YOU, we encourage you to apply!
For this role you are required to upload a current resume and complete a Selection Criteria Questionnaire which can be found HERE
For more information including HOW TO APPLY please refer to the information pack above (in Document/s).
Further questions? Please contact Learning and Capability Team on (02) 4227 8694.
Questions regarding submitting your application online please contact our Recruitment Team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Monday 4 October 2021
We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with public health orders eg potentially online interviews.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.