Regional Library Services Coordinator
Job No: DRC1307 | Location: Dubbo NSW
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
The Regional Library Services Coordinator plays a pivotal role in shaping and advancing Library and Information Services throughout the expansive domain of the Macquarie Regional Library (MRL) service area.
This position is responsible for effective delivery of library services, strategically designed to elevate community engagement, foster lifelong learning, and boost cultural aspirations within our vibrant community.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Deliver excellence in library services and customer experience by developing, implementing and regularly reviewing strategies, policies and procedures:
- Provide leadership in the development and delivery of high quality services, programs and customer experiences that increase reading, knowledge and digital literacy outcomes;
- Support the implementation and delivery of the MRL Strategic Plan, Delivery and Operational Plan across the MRL region; and
- Analyse and monitor the performance of library services and programs, including the use of circulation statistics and customer surveys.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL NEED:
- Degree Library and Information Services with eligibility for professional members of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA);
- Extensive experience in the development and delivery of high-quality library and information services and collections, preferably in a public library environment;
- Extensive experience in the review and evaluation of library services and programs to enhance the delivery of innovative library services and technologies;
- High level of interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills to work collaboratively across a regional library service; and
- Extensive experience in delivering and measuring library services outcomes.
We are looking for individuals who share our passion for lifelong learning and relish the chance to thrive in a diverse environment, collaborating with a dedicated professional team dedicated to serving our regional community.
You will bring exceptional communication skills, both in writing and verbally, coupled with a keen eye for detail. We are seeking innovative team players who consistently seek out constructive avenues to enhance our team culture and make meaningful contributions.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, flexible working arrangements, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the scope of role and the essential and desirable criteria.
This position works 35 hours a week, Monday to Sunday on a seven day circulation roster, which includes working Saturday and Sunday on a rotational basis, as required.
Salary: $90,556 - $105,240 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Friday 13 October 2023
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Manager Macquarie Regional Library - (02) 6801 4501