Library Officer (100488)
Broadmeadows, Australia | Reference: 5297834
*$64,435 pa (Band 3) plus super *Permanent full-time *Fortnightly RDO *Weekend and evening shifts
About Hume Libraries
Hume City Council is located on the northern fringes of Melbourne. We have six public libraries servicing a growing population of over 230,000 people. In 2018/19 Hume Libraries had over 700,000 visits and loaned 900,000 items.
About the role
Hume Libraries is looking for an enthusiastic individual who has a passion for libraries and providing outstanding customer service to the Hume community. This position is currently based at our Craigieburn Library. Reporting to the Team Leader - Craigieburn and Mobile Libraries and working with other team members, you will have strong skills in communication, an ability to plan and prioritise work with a keen interest in providing quality customer service. You will need to be able to and plan and deliver program activities for the Craigieburn community and have skills in library collection management. To be successful in the role, you will have a firm understanding of the role libraries play in a community setting and have skills in using a variety of computer systems including library management systems and RFID equipment.
- Undertake regular customer service shifts including 1-night shift until 8pm each week and 1 Saturday morning in 4 as rostered
- Create and manage displays for the Craigieburn library
- Performing cash reconciliation as required
- Assisting customers with IT queries including printing and scanning of documents
- Demonstrating library applications and e-resources to customers
- Collection maintenance duties as directed by the team leader
- Undertake planning and delivering program activities
Skills and experience
- Successful completion of Year 10
- Experience in a Public Library or a similar environment
- Excellent demonstrated written and oral communication skills with an ability to engage with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to use a variety of computer hardware and software
- Excellent Customer Service skills with an ability to deal with challenging customers and present a positive Council image
- Demonstrated experience and skills in facilitating programs in a library setting
- Ability to develop working relationships with staff and work together in a team environment
- Current driver's licence and Current Victorian Working with Children Check car
Hume City Council is a leader in local government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality and support for its people.
Hume City is one of Australia's fastest-growing communities and with more people choosing to call Hume home, we're expected to welcome more than 57,000 new residents to our City over the next decade.
What we offer
With our high level of employee engagement, Hume City Council offers a great working environment where you can develop your career. We offer flexible work arrangements and other benefits, such as study assistance and interest-free loans for public transport. Our strong commitment to social justice and the environment provides opportunities for employees to participate in various programs.
For further information please contact Vivien Marjono on (03) 9356 6980. Shortlisted applicants must be available for interviews the week beginning 4th January 2021.
Applications Close: 15 Dec 2020