Independent Public School - Kimberley Education Region | East Kimberley College | 00028373
Level 3 (Specified Calling), $114,879 - $126,658 (PSCA 2022)
The position also has full relocation costs, GROH housing, generous electricity allowance and remote location allowance.
When you apply PLEASE address the selection criteria
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS811374
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2023
Are you an organised individual with a love of books?
East Kimberley College is seeking a dedicated and motivated Community Librarian to join their friendly school.
About the Role
The Kununurra School Community Library is jointly funded by the Department of Education and the Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley (the Shire.) The library is situated on the East Kimberley College site and provides library and information services to the students of East Kimberley College, residents, members of and visitors to the Shire.
The role of the Community Librarian is to manage the resource and information services of the joint-use facility, provide user education program for all client groups and develop, coordinate, and manage community engagement initiatives, events and activities that promote information literacy and literature.
The Ideal Applicant
The successful applicant will ideally be highly organised, have exceptional communication skills and have relevant experience using Information and Communications Technology (ICT.) You will provide educational leadership in library services within the school and the community.
The successful applicant will ideally develop and promote the school and community programs and encourage school staff, students, parents, volunteers, and others to share and have ownership of the school’s vision and priorities.
East Kimberley College is a Kindergarten to Year 12 school, focused on providing an inclusive, safe, supportive, and connected learning environment to educate the 'whole child' to be a successful citizen of the future. Our belief is that “every student matters every day” and “every student can be a high achiever”.
East Kimberley College is one of the largest Kindergarten to Year 12 schools in the state with approximately 900 students enrolled. With almost 50% of enrolments being indigenous, it also has the largest enrolment of Aboriginal students at any school in the State.
The College offers all that one would expect in a larger metropolitan school yet has that unique friendly atmosphere typical of a rural community. Our College strives to ensure all students, regardless of ability or style of learning, are provided with the opportunity to reach their full potential in a positive, supportive and engaging learning environment. We foster individual student interests, encourage active participation in the learning process, and assist students to develop their ability to apply knowledge and skills to real life experiences and challenges.
The Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley provides Public Library services to the community and the Community Librarian also manages this responsibility. Please find more information here.
This position includes subsidised housing and air-conditioning allowance.
Kununurra is the eastern gateway to the Kimberley and offers many opportunities for adventure seekers. Kununurra is only a three-hour flight from Perth and is famous for its wildlife-rich waterways and wetlands.
For more information about Kununurra visit Destination - Kununurra.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience and ability in developing and delivering integrated information skills and literature programs in a library environment.
- Highly developed skills in library management systems and other computer applications.
- Leadership skills in managing human, physical, financial, technological and information resources.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with stakeholders and provide a customer-focused service.
- Ability to identify client needs and expectations and provide a flexible and responsive service, including the coordination of events to promote literacy and library usage.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about East Kimberley College can be found by visiting www.eastkimberleycollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Lisa Oliver, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kununurra, by telephoning (08) 9168 4400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Possess a relevant tertiary qualification and be eligible for Associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 4 April 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
- JDF - 00028373 - Community Librarian - East Kimberley College - SC L3 - Dec 2022.pdf
- applicant resource - how to write a cv and covering letter nov18.pdf
- applicant resource - information for applicants mar2020.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.
APPLY FOR JOB
WORK TYPE: Permanent - Full Time
CLOSING DATE: 2023-04-04 4:30 PM