Technology Leader - Libraries
Technology Leader (Libraries)
This is a full time, permanent position
Level 6 position, salary range of $96,231.12 - $102,913.96 (plus Super).
We believe in access for all, growth through learning, and the power of stories to make a difference. If you share these ideals, are an experienced technologist and leader, with a strong curiosity and ability to implement change we think you’ll love working with us.
As the Library Technology Leader you’ll be responsible in ensuring the PAE community have access to, and engagement with, current and emerging technologies.
This highly engaging role oversees the delivery of technology and digital access in the libraries, supporting people to develop the skills necessary in today’s digital world. In this role you provide access to the tools, technologies and skills that make a difference in our community’s lives.
The Technology Leader is also responsible in ensuring library systems and the technology infrastructure is reliable, fit for purpose and meets current and future service needs.
Our City is a driving force in a region undergoing significant transformation. With the naval shipbuilding projects and significant investment in urban redevelopment and business, it is an exciting time to be part of a growing city that values its diverse community and embraces change through innovation, resilience and community leadership.
We provide excellent working conditions with job security, flexible working arrangements and support for professional development. Our workplace is supportive, we take on challenges, seize opportunities, build great relationships and we are proud of what we deliver for our community.
We value the diversity of the people we employ and serve and are committed to using all of our talents and strengths to deliver the best for PAE. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultural backgrounds.
- Provide quality leadership and direction to the Technology and Digital Learning team, promoting and building a positive workplace culture and delivering efficient, effective services.
- Identify emerging technology needs for the PAE community and develop strategies to deliver both access to the technology and build community knowledge of technologies.
- Working collaboratively with the Library Leadership team, set the strategic direction, and drive the delivery of, community access to technology and digital services.
- Oversee the Library technology infrastructure, ensuring systems, hardware and software are fit for purpose, innovative solutions that support staff to deliver a best practice library service.
- Shape the delivery of Technology and Digital education and engagement programs ensuring the offering is fit for purpose and meets community need.
- Oversee the development of digital services within the library ensuring platforms are fit for purpose and support innovative and impactful service offerings.
To be successful in this role you’ll be an exceptional and effective individual with:
- A tertiary degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or Information Management and significant senior leadership experience.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of technology and digital systems.
- Experience leading and inspiring teams to deliver outstanding customer service and community outcomes.
- Proven experience in strategically planning a technology infrastructure to meet business need.
- Demonstrated experience in leading change initiatives across large teams.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, with an emphasis on managing technology projects.
- A strong customer orientation, with high communication skills, ability to collaborate and proven ability to perform.
More information can be found in the Position Description located below.
To apply, complete the application process by clicking the Apply button, and attach your cover letter and resume.
Please address the following questions and skill requirements in your cover letter (maximum length 4 pages):
- Describe your leadership style and how this style supports an empowered team who deliver outstanding customer experiences and community outcomes.
- Briefly detail your experience leading teams to deliver outstanding technology and digital solutions.
- Provide information on a time you strategically planned a technology offering or digital solution to meet a business need.
- Explain your experience in project management, with an emphasis on managing all elements of a technology project.
- Describe a time that demonstrates your strong customer orientation and service skills.
- Describe a time when you collaborated to deliver a service which resulted in a positive community or customer outcome.
Enquiries can be directed to Dionne Collins – Community Learning & Libraries Manager on 0429 152 338.
Applications close Sunday 1st November at 6:00pm