Development Officer - E- Services & Systems
REWARDING Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
Exciting opportunity for an innovative library professional who is passionate about libraries and the implementation of leading edge technology to provide up to the minute library services and collections to the growing Hills Community.
Responsible for daily operational management of the library management system, this position also develops, implements and delivers e-service initiatives, researches upgrades for the utilisation of emerging technologies, web based innovations and mobile technologies, and oversees the Acquisitions process.
- First point of contact with the LMS vendor regarding upgrades & innovation, including API integration with new services.
- Develop and manage content on the Library’s website in consultation with Council’s Communications and IT departments and DVO Community Engagement & Marketing
- Oversee the Acquisitions process and manage the day to day operations of Acquisitions & Bibliographic Services including the use of EDI and similar interfaces to facilitate outsourced services.
- Facilitate training for staff and customers in the effective use of existing and new technologies. Assist in the training of new team members.
- Recommend system improvements and enhancements, seek out opportunities to improve processes & procedures.
- Develop, administer, analyse and report on surveys and statistical reports.
- Direct Customer Service as rostered including nights and weekends.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree or Post Graduate qualification or currently undertaking degree/post graduate qualification in Library & Information Studies coupled with relevant work experience.
- Working With Children Check
- Proven experience in applying new technologies in a Library environment
- Highly developed customer service skills
- High level oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience in project planning and delivery
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Variable Leave days, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Onsite Café, and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time, S0988, Salary: Up to $96K + Superannuation + Performance Bonus (up to 2% annual salary) + Organisational Bonus (up to $2K) + Aquatic and Fitness membership discounts
Please review the Position Description available on Council’s Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Tuesday 11th October 2022.
A cover letter must be included in your application with short (maximum 200 word) responses to the following questions:
- The Hills Shire is experiencing a period of rapid growth, with new housing developments increasingly located away from established library facilities. What technology could be used to increase access to library resources in neighbourhoods not in the surrounding areas of a current library building?
- This position involves regular direct customer service shifts, including weekends, at any of our library branches. What do you consider to be your greatest strength in providing excellent customer service?
- How would you encourage staff to give feedback and put forward ideas for enhancements to the library management system and connected applications.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.