Team Leader Libraries
- Reference Number: 10653
- Position Title: Team Leader Libraries
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Division: Community Strengthening
- Department: Arts, Events & Libraries
- Classification: Band 8
- A leadership position in a large and diverse Library Service
- Career development opportunity
- Take the lead in shaping the future of the Library Service
- Full time permanent position
- Excellent employee benefits
- Competitive salary on offer (Band 8) $118,633 - $133,067 per annum plus Super
Kingston Council’s collective focus is on delivering exceptional service that achieves our vision and meets community expectations.
A diverse, dynamic community where we all share a sustainable, safe, attractive environment and a thriving economy. The City of Kingston is south-east of Melbourne and is approximately 20km from Melbourne's CBD. We employ over 1,450 people in a diverse range of roles including engineering, customer service, administration, finance, family, youth and children's services, sport and recreation, health, parks and gardens, planning, arts and management.
The Arts, Events and Libraries Department at the City of Kingston is focused on the delivery of industry leading contemporary programs, activities, and events. Through innovation and continuous improvement, the department strives to provide high quality learning, recreational, social, and cultural outcomes for our community.
The City of Kingston Library Service operates nine public library branches, with major sites at Chelsea, Cheltenham, Parkdale and Westall, and minor sites at Clarinda, Dingley Village, Highett, Moorabbin and Patterson Lakes.
We are seeking a Team Leader Libraries to join the Arts, Events and Libraries Deaprtment. Reporting to the Manager Arts, Events and Libraries, the Team Leader Libraries is responsible for the strategic leadership and management of the Kingston Library Service and meeting the information, cultural and lifelong learning needs of the Kingston Community.
Your role is to:
- Lead the City of Kingston Library Service
- Develop and implement strategic policies
- Foster an environment that empowers and motivates employees
- Lead the team in the continual improvement of library technologies and service
- Develop and implement the future vision for the Library Service
The Team Leader Libraries is responsible for the achievement of strategic and service objectives associated with the Libraries portfolio and is expected to develop, renew and maintain an environment that supports the provision of a high-quality customer focussed accessible library service that is contemporary and innovative in its approach with a focus on continuous improvement.
The role is responsible for the delivery of all associated aspects of the City of Kingston Libraries service including staffing, management, leadership, projects, reporting, operations, financials, and any other duties as directed within the skills and abilities of a position at this level.
About you (Key selection Criteria)
We are looking for someone with:
Demonstrated experience in effective leadership and management of a library service
Demonstrated adaptability with the skills to effectively lead and embrace change
Demonstrated ability to be innovative and work through a continuous improvement lens
Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a range of projects and partnerships simultaneously
The ability to foster an environment that empowers and motivates employees to achieve their potential
What we can offer
This is a full-time permanent position.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance. Full time employees also have access to a planned day off every four weeks.
The salary for this position starts at $118,633 (Band 8) per annum plus superannuation & leave loading.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, abilities and attitude to take on this position click on the Apply button to submit your application. If you require further information after reviewing the position description available to download below, please contact Simon Doyle, Manager Arts, Events and Libraries on 0477 893 210.
Please address the key selection criteria within your cover letter.
Kingston values diversity and is committed to creating a workplace where all employees can be their true self every day. We are a child safe and an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.
To be considered for the role all applications must be submitted via our Careers recruitment portal.
- Essential : Do you hold a current driver's licence which allows you to drive within Victoria?
- Essential : Are you willing to undertake a Working with Children Check? Please note, you will need to organise and pay for this if you are successful in progressing to the pre-employment stage of the recruitment process for this position. If you already have a Working with Children Check you will be required to add the City of Kingston as an employer if you are successful for this position.
- Essential : Do you hold the qualifications required in the position outlined in the position description?
Simon Doyle, Manager Arts, Events & Libraries | M: 0477893210 | E: email@example.com
Closing Date: 26/09/2022
Please note that this position will close at 11:59pm on the closing date.
If you require any assistance with your application, please contact our People Support Team. Candidate information will be kept confidential and for future use unless advised.
Position Description available for download above under Documents
Application Guide: Download Guide | APPLY