Library Promotions and Communications Officer
The City of Joondalup takes pride in being a Local Government that has been internationally recognised for providing outstanding services to the local community. To continue to set the standard in WA Local Government for innovative services and programs, we are seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic employees who will be committed to making a positive contribution to the City and its community.
- Salary: $76,446 - $81,186 per annum
- Plus up to 14.5% superannuation (conditions apply)
- 76 hours per fortnight
- Location Joondalup Library
- Ref No: 23-132
City of Joondalup Libraries are excited to announce this new position for an experienced customer focused individual to join the Joondalup Libraries team to develop effective and innovative marketing and communications strategies.
The Library Promotions and Communications Officer will work with all elements of the Joondalup Libraries service to plan, develop, implement and assess effective promotion and communication strategies that better connect the Joondalup Libraries services with our local community. The position will also be required to deliver a high standard of customer service to internal and external customers and stakeholders, develop networks and partnerships, undertake administration and financial duties, while working in a supporting team environment.
Applicants need to provide a covering letter addressing the following key criteria:
- High level marketing skills and knowledge, including advertising, printing and promotions.
- High level organisational and time management skills
- High level copywriting and proof-reading skills – including the ability to write and edit material suitable for diverse target audiences in a simple and concise style.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake community based statistical analysis and market research.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills, including with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, websites and social media.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
For further information contact Lynley Stapleton, Team Leader Events and Programs, (08) 9400 4723.
To apply, please click on the "Apply" button above, and submit your resume and a covering letter online, addressing your knowledge and experience relevant to the role. Applications close at 11.55pm on Wednesday 15 November 2023.
The City of Joondalup is committed to diversity and inclusion within all organisational practices and is an equal opportunity employer. The City encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, people of all ages, sexualities and genders to apply for this position.
All employees and prospective employees of the City of Joondalup are required to declare any secondary employment and private activities to ensure that any conflict of interests may be appropriately managed.
Chief Executive Officer
Canvassing of Elected Members will disqualify
Go to APPLY