Heritage Research Librarian
- Posted: 25/05/2020
- Closing Date: 14/06/2020
- Job Type: Permanent - Part Time
- Location: Orange City Council
- Job Category: Advertising, Media, Arts & Entertainment
- Grade: 9
- Weekly Hours: 21 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
- Hourly Rate: $40.4054 - $44.0420 (plus superannuation)
View the full Position Description by clicking HERE
About Orange City Council
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 500 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange community. Our aim - to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
The Heritage Research Librarian is responsible for supporting Council’s heritage programs and initiatives through provision of research, publications, electronic media and the delivery of programs and events as part of this service. This will include:
- Undertake high level historical research relating to the local area to support Council’s heritage programs and initiatives.
- Develop written content based on research in a variety of formats including reports, articles and interpretive signage.
- Assist in the development of community engagement and learning programs, events and exhibitions to targeted key priority groups promoting heritage services to the broader community
- Create content for relevant websites and databases and ensure these are maintained, promoted and utilised.
A full list of responsibilities can be found in the position description.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Qualifications as a Librarian recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of reference and information services with well-developed research skills.
- High level communication skills both verbal and written including the ability to liaise and interact effectively with a wide range of individuals and organisations.
- Demonstrated awareness of current library trends and an ongoing commitment to professional development
Please click Apply. A cover letter is not required, however, there are screening questions that must be answered to apply for the position. We are also requesting that you include examples of work you have written or researched as part of your application.
If you have any queries relating to this role, please contact Community Museum and Heritage Manager, Alison Russell on 0448 128 170.
Applications close Sunday 14 June 2020.
- Where additional candidates are found suitable from this round of recruitment an eligibility list may be created to fill the same or an equivalent role that may become vacant over the next twelve months.
- We only accept applications through the Orange City Council website. Applications submitted through 3rd parties such as Indeed will not be accepted.