Information Services & Programs Librarian
- Job Identification: 100812
- Job Category: Information and Knowledge Management
- Location: Rosebud Library
- Apply Before:31/08/2022, 06:00 PM
- Job Schedule: Part time
Mornington Peninsula Shire is Victoria's destination municipality, characterised by unique townships, highly productive agriculture, world renowned landscapes, tourist regions, and areas of national and international conservation significance within a vital Green Wedge.
The Shire is responsible for a broad range of infrastructure and community services that support the wellbeing and prosperity of our diverse community. With approximately 900 employees, Mornington Peninsula Shire is a busy and vibrant workplace.
Information Services & Programs Librarian
- Permanent Part-Time (63 hours per fortnight)
- Libraries Band 5 - $73,333.34 (pro rata) per annum plus superannuation
- Based at our Rosebud library, but may be required to work across the library service
- You’re passionate about public libraries and you thrive in a responsive and innovative culture with a ‘can-do’ team spirit.
About the role
Mornington Peninsula Libraries is a dynamic public library service, providing a welcoming, inclusive and stimulating environment where life-long habits of learning and self-expression are encouraged, a love of reading is nurtured, and where library users can meet their educational, information and recreational needs.
Situated primarily at our Rosebud library on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, the Information Services & Programs Librarian is responsible for the delivery of effective information and customer services, and the development and delivery of positive, interactive programs and activities that engage all members of the community in lifelong learning, digital literacy and technology, reader development and literacy outcomes.
The Information Services & Programs Librarian may be rostered as the Officer in Charge ensuring the effective delivery of customer service and daily operations of the branch are met. This involves leading the team, prioritising tasks, making decisions, and dealing with issues that may arise.
You are a self-starter who contributes to a responsive, innovative, and forward-looking culture by encouraging and promoting a ‘can-do’ team spirit. You can lead and supervise Library Services & Programs Officers and volunteers to develop an effective, cooperative, and cohesive work team who are committed to providing quality customers focused service to all library users.
Core responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer service through the provision of information and reader development services.
- Assist customers to access online library services, products and other technologies and provide training and support through formal or informal training programs.
- Coordinate and participate in the management of an effective floating collection of library materials and ensure the library collection is presented in a positive manner to maximise library borrowing
- Working with other team members and under the direction of the LSC, plan, research, recommend and implement regular programs and initiatives to encourage participation of all community members in Our Library, including outreach programs.
- Evaluate activities and programs annually and recommend program changes and initiatives presented to the Library Leadership Team.
- Support collection development through recommendations and input into directions.
- Participate as a senior branch team member (OIC) to support the LSC in leading the day-to-day delivery of services and operational matters.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement by providing input into the review and development of strategies, plans, policies, standards, and procedures as required.
Skills, experience, and other requirements
- Graduate Diploma or Degree library qualification as recognised by ALIA.
- Well-developed communication, and interpersonal skills, together with a dedication to high quality customer service
- Extensive skills in information technology applications, social media, information retrieval and troubleshooting issues.
- Extensive successful experience in a frontline customer service role.
- Experience in leading and supporting team members.
- Relevant prior experience in public libraries is desirable and informal on the job training is necessary for competent performance
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop and deliver programs and events
- Well-developed time management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience in local government, government or large and complex organisations
- An Employee Working with Children Check
- Preparedness to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check
- Preparedness to undertake a fitness to work assessment
- A valid Driver’s Licence
Please review the Position Description in full, for specific information about this role.
It is a condition of employment that all MPS employees declare their Covid-19 Vaccination status. The successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of being fully vaccinated for
Covid-19 to MPS as part of the pre-employment process.
Click 'Apply' this will take you to the job listing on our job application portal where you can commence the application process. Please provide your CV and a one-page cover letter addressing the position criteria by 6pm, 31 August 2022.
The Mornington Peninsula Shire is committed to creating a diverse and safe environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and Child Safe employer. We welcome applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, have a disability, and/or a form a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
Applicants must have valid Australian work rights.
Make contact: For a confidential discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact: Analise Wright on (03) 5950 1230