Acquisitions & Bibliographic Services Officer - Library
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
- Castle Hill
- Reference: 5134040
About the role:
An opportunity exists for a motivated and experienced Acquisitions & Bibliographic Services Officer to join our Library Services Team. Based at Castle Hill, the successful applicant will be regularly rostered to work across all branches of the library service delivering direct customer service as well as training and supporting staff in the use of the Spydus LMS. You will also be rostered to work one weekend every six weeks.
- Ensure the efficient and accurate ordering, cataloguing and processing of new items added to the Library collection;
- Establish and streamline operating procedures and processes for allocated modules of the Spydus LMS;
- Develop and deliver training to new and existing staff in optimum use of the Spydus LMS;
- Efficiently and effectively resolve customer enquiries and complaints on a range of Library & Council services within agreed guidelines or in consultation with specialist staff;
- Effectively and efficiently process a range of applications, transactions and payments for both Council and Library;
- Work cohesively as part of a team, building relationships, sharing knowledge and skills and working to "close the loop" on customer interactions within agreed guidelines;
- Participate in projects, as allocated.
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Diploma of Library & Information Studies or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 years in depth experience working with the Acquisitions / Bibliographic modules of a Library Management System;
- Demonstrated recent, substantial experience in cataloguing & classification including RDA;
- Experience in managing ‘Shelf ready' services;
- Highly proficient in training end users;
- Highly developed problem solving skills;
- High level time management & organisational skills;
- Class C Motor Vehicle Licence
- Working With Children Check
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning and Development Opportunities, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number S0916, Salary/Circa: From $74k + Superannuation + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Sunday 19 July 2020 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.
Applications Close: 19 Jul 2020