Acting Branch Manager
Located at: Croydon Library
Classification: Band 6, Level A-C
- Temporary position (Friday 10 March – Monday 4 December 2023)
- Full-time – 38.0 hours per week (19-day month available)
- $93,752 – $102,389 plus 10.5% Superannuation
About Eastern Regional Libraries (Your Library)
We are a regional library corporation providing services to Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges Councils. The library network consists of 13 branches, 3 Community Reading Rooms, the historic Miller’s Homestead and an outreach ‘Flexi’ service. We have an extensive digital collection and have developed a number of technological solutions that are industry leaders.
About the role
Croydon is one of two libraries in the City of Maroondah and is one of the busiest branches across Your Library, with around 500,000 loans and 230,000 visitors per year.
There are four regular storytimes each week supplemented by additional storytimes in Auslan and Chinese. There is a dedicated Technology Support Officer delivering one-to-one help sessions and overseeing staff training.
A vibrant program of events for adults includes regular special interest groups, literary programming, and social activities.
Supporting branch programming is the regional Digital Literacy team and Literacy Officer, focused on outreach to our communities.
Croydon library hosts a Customer Service desk operated by Council staff for Maroondah City Council.
You will be an enthusiastic and energetic leader, with a passion for people and performance. You will need to provide the day-to-day management of your team and contribute to the strategic goals and direction of the organisation.
Management experience and library experience are preferred, but not mandatory.
This would be an excellent secondment opportunity. The successful candidate must have a Working with Children Check and undertake a Police check.
Please find here the Role Prospectus which includes the Position Description and Conditions of Employment.
How to apply
Applications will only be accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copy applications will not be considered.
Your application should include:
- Your curriculum vitae
- A separate document that addresses the Responsibilities outlined on page 2 of the Role Prospectus, including your view on how they can be achieved in line with our Library Plan 2021-2025.
- A three-minute video that demonstrates your strengths, personality, and what you can bring to our organisation.
Applications that do not include all of these components may not be considered. Late applications will not be accepted.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 26 February 2023.
Specific enquiries can be directed to:
- Sarah Hopkins (Corporate Manager Customer Experience) on (03) 9800 6405 or
- Chantell Harriss (Manager Branch Services) on (03) 9800 6414.