Job No: ZZ0514 | Location: Noosaville/Cooroy Library, QLD
Are you looking to live and work in one of Australia’s premier locations and help achieve Noosa Council’s vision:
“Noosa Shire – different by nature”?
Noosa Council is seeking a skilled leader to provide overall supervision of the day-to-day operations of a busy Noosa Council branch library. The role will coordinate branch operations including customer service, building and facilities management, staff supervision, program provision and budget control. This position plays an integral role in contributing towards the strategic development of the library service.
This is a temporary position and we are open to considering a secondment arrangement for a suitably qualified and experienced library professional who would like the opportunity to gain experience with Noosa Council’s professional and innovative library service.
To be suitable for this temporary full-time role you will be a natural leader with a high level of experience leading customer-focused teams in dynamic working environments. You will thrive in a challenging, high-pressure environment, enjoy problem solving and have experience in the leadership of change. You will be passionate about providing high quality customer service, library innovation and continuous improvement.
The position requires the incumbent to hold a degree or post graduate-level degree in library and information studies, cultural services or other related discipline. Demonstrated experience in building facility management, strategic planning and budget control is of an advantage.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a stimulating role working with a passionate and friendly team in an organisation that values individual contribution and wellbeing.
- Position Status: Temporary Full Time (9 November 2020 to 8 August 2021)
- Department: Community Services
- Branch: Libraries and Galleries
- Team: Libraries
- Advertised: Internal and External
- Position Classification: Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream A) Award - State 2017 (Div. 2, S1)
- Position Remuneration: Level 5 ($78,245.42 to $81,583.69) annually plus Council benefits of annual leave loading and superannuation. Note applicants are generally appointed at the starting range of the specified salary.
- Closing Date: 5:00pm (AEST) Friday 9 October 2020
You will have previous leadership experience in public library service functions in a similar environment, with proven ability to motivate team members to achieve outstanding results. Further, you will possess demonstrated management experience particularly in relation to managing build-from-base budgets, human resource management, change management and building and facilities matters.
Noosa Council is located at the northern end of the Sunshine Coast in Queensland. Covering an area of 871km2, Noosa has a proud history of preserving its natural environment and is recognised by UNESCO as a Biosphere Reserve. The region offers a unique mix of stunning beaches, national parks, lakes and lush hinterland, which makes it one of the greatest places in Australia to live and work.
Council's vision is underpinned by our beliefs. When working towards our Noosa Vision 2037, Council will focus on:
- Respect: Respect for the diversity of opinions and beliefs in our community
- Inclusion: Access to participatory and democratic processes
- Responsiveness: As a Council, being connected with our community
- Authenticity: Understand our history and learning from our past.
Noosa Council is a supportive and passionate team built around openness and informality. The staff have together defined how they want to operate as a Council. These values include:
- Community: Working hand in hand with our community
- Innovation: Striving for better ways to do things
- Sustainability: Managing environmental, social and economic resources for the future
Our Commitment to Our Valued Employees
Noosa Council is committed to workplace diversity, health and well-being, work life balance, progression, and maintaining our supportive team orientated culture. To achieve this we offer a range of benefits and opportunities:
- Wellness Initiatives
- Flex Time
- Annual Flu vaccination program
- Fitness Passport (an external company allowing its members to access local health and fitness centres)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Job sharing
- Paid Parental Leave
- Mid-Career Break
- Career progression
- Training and development
- Study Assistance
- Graduated Retirement
How To Apply
To download and review the position description click here
Click APPLY NOW below
Complete the information - as requested.
Attach your cover letter and resume.
Click 'Next' and 'Confirm'.
Please note: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Please contact Jane Harding, Heritage Coordinator on (07) 5329 6534 for any further information regarding the position.