Children and Youth Librarian
- Reference Number: S100-21-359
- Closing Date: 05-03-2021
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
About the Role
We are seeking a passionate and experienced professional to join Council’s Community Outcomes Team. The successful applicant will play a crucial role in planning, implementing and evaluating Library programs and services targeted towards Children and Young adults to increase services provided across the Shire.
Working at Wollondilly Shire Council means you will be provided with a flexible and inclusive working environment that provides a positive, productive and highly skilled workforce where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow.
You will help to achieve our vision to make Wollondilly an even better place, together. You will also live our corporate values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
Salary and Conditions
- Permanent Full-Time position
- Salary commencing from $77,934 per annum, commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 35 hours per week with participation in Council’s flex-time system
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities.
Essential Experience and Minimum Qualifications
- Degree qualification in Library and Information Studies or related.
- Eligibility for ALIA membership.
- Demonstrated experience in development and implementation of library collections, services, programs and events for children and young adults.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary library practices, processes and trends.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
- Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain prior to commencing.
Personal Attributes, Communication and Team Work
- Demonstrated communication & interpersonal skills including; written, verbal & public speaking.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to collaborate & coordinate with others to complete work.
- Ability and commitment to work in Council’s customer service point rosters, including potential roster extensions across the span of Monday-Sunday.
- Demonstrated commitment to Council’s Corporate ICARE Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of high quality customer service with the ability to develop strong relationships with community groups and organisations.
- Ability to use a range of technologies and a willingness to provide assistance, training and support to library customers in the use of current and emerging technologies.
Level of Planning, Problem Solving and Budget
- Ability to complete ongoing planning of Library programs and events.
- Ability to maintain budgets and awareness of associated constraints.
- Experience in creating content for websites and other social media platforms.
Further Information: Melinda McNaughton, Library Services Team Leader on (02) 4677 9772.
Closing Date: 5.00 pm Friday, 5 March 2021.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website: Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement. Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake a Police Background Check, Credential Check and Bankruptcy Check.
In accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020 all positions are engaged Monday to Sunday except as otherwise provided.
‘Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to Workplace Diversity’
- View The Job Description (Children and Youth Librarian - Feb 2021.pdf)
- Preview The Position Requirements