Children and Youth Librarian
Position number: F2022/00680 | Closing date: Wednesday 23 November
Salary: $85,654 - $94,232 per annum + 10.5% super | Status: Permanent Full-Time – 35 hours per week
- Engage children and young people with library services and programs
- Bring a fresh perspective on leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Work in a diverse, supportive, and engaged team
Randwick City Council is an innovative and leading local government organisation committed to serving our vibrant community on the beautiful eastern beaches of Sydney.
We are currently seeking an experienced Children and Youth Librarian. The successful candidate will be a creative, energetic, customer-focussed individual who can develop and manage programs and services to children, young adults and their families, carers and teachers. The Children and Youth Librarian will be required to supervise a small team and must have highly developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
What we value:
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- Experience in children and youth library services
- A love of engaging with children, young people and their families around library services
- Demonstrated ability to lead a highly engaged team
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, including the ability to problem solve, manage, and prioritise competing work demands and meet deadlines and targets
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environments such as online service delivery
Things you will do:
- Plan, develop and deliver leading and innovative children and youth programs
- Create a safe, fun and welcoming environment for library visitors
- Provide input into the selection and purchase of junior and young adult collections
- Represent the library in outreach activities and at events
Employment in this position will require NSW Working with Children Clearance, as per the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012, obtained via the Office of the Children’s Guardian.
View the position description or contact Jonathan Doyle, Coordinator Library Service Development, on 02 9093 6436 or 9093 6400.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description to be considered for this position.