Children’s and Youth Services Coordinator
City of Mount Gambier has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and driven individual to join the Children’s and Youth Services team at the Mount Gambier Library.
About the position:
- Full-time / Fixed Term (December 2022 ceasing 31 January 2024).
- Required to work outside of ordinary hours and during school holiday periods.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Job Type:Temporary / Contract / Project
- Division: City and Community Growth
- Salary: Level 3 (Currently $74,475.44 per annum)
To support the Manager Library and Community Development in providing quality library services to the community with a strong focus on customer service and an emphasis on children’s and youth services.
This position leads the Children’s and Youth Services Team.
This position is classified at Level 3 (currently $74,475.44 per annum) of the City of Mount Gambier Administration Staff Agreement No.11 2020.
- Proven ability to lead and supervise a team.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to share information and knowledge with a diverse range of clientele.
- Demonstrated experience working with children and youth.
- Ability to provide library services and programs designed to meet the needs of young people.
- Proven ability to deal with difficult situations, resolve problems and diffuse potential conflict.
What we offer:
Mount Gambier is the second largest city in South Australia and provides a perfect balance between the vibrant lifestyle of a big city and the comforts of a small town. Packed with beautiful natural resources including the iconic Blue Lake/Warwar, caves, sinkholes, parks and gardens. This is an idyllic location to enjoy work life balance, only 20 minutes from the beach.
This role presents an opportunity to advance your career in a supportive environment. The City of Mount Gambier is an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
The successful candidate will enjoy:
- Ongoing professional development and training,
- A supportive and friendly team environment,
- Career development opportunities,
- Active social club,
- Flexible work arrangements,
- Positive work/life balance, and
- Corporate income protection insurance.
Position is subject to satisfactorily meeting the following employment requirements;
- National Police Check,
- Working with Children Check (WWCC),
- Vulnerable Persons Check,
- Pre-employment medical examination.
The City of Mount Gambier is an equal opportunity employer committed to continuous improvement as a culturally safe and supportive workplace. We strongly encourage members of our First Nations community to apply.
For a confidential conversation please call: Kristi Brooks, Team Leader Library Programs | T: 08 8721 2591
Further information about the position, including the position description, which identifies key competencies and selection criteria, is available from City of Mount Gambier website: www.mountgambier.sa.gov.au/careers
Applications must specifically address the key competencies and selection criteria and be submitted with a resume including contact details for at least three referees.
Applications close: Friday 7 October 2022 at 5:00pm.
Applications must be submitted via email to: Organisational Department Team email@example.com