- Fantastic opportunity to join the Children’s Programs and Services Team
- Permanent full time position (commencing 1 Aug 2022), based at Werribee Library
- Salary from $76,380.41, plus super and fortnightly RDO
Our people are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure the City is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents by 2040.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
A bit about the role
The Children’s Librarian will provide high quality customer service to library patrons through planning, delivering and overseeing the provision of quality programs, collections and services to the community. The position will work closely with the other Children’s team members, as well as other Library staff to establish and support programs for families from our culturally diverse community.
The role will focus on the delivery of a range of programs in person and online, including regular children’s programs such as Baby Time, Rhyme Time, after school programs and ad hoc events such as school holiday performances, author talks, parenting workshops, and tie-ins with Council initiatives. You will have a passion for fostering a culture of lifelong learning and for working in an all-inclusive community. You will also be responsible for providing high quality customer service and information support to our library patrons and maintaining the library space and collection.
Regular weeknight and weekend shifts are a requirement of this role and ad-hoc adjustments to your work pattern will be required for events or programs. This position may be required to rotate to other branches in line with operational requirements.
If you are looking for leadership development opportunities then this may be the position you have been waiting for, with opportunities to provide Branch Coordinator and Team Leader Children’s Programs and Services coverage.
What you’ll deliver
- Ensure the successful and professional delivery of programs, services, and events that are based on the community’s needs and interests
- Effectively liaise with colleagues, community groups, key stakeholders and the wider community under the guidance of the Team Leader Children’s Programs and Services
- Have a basic understanding of marketing to promote the library’s programs and services to the community in a variety of formats, including social media
- Provide leadership to the library customer service team when rostered on desk
What you’ll bring
- Event planning and program delivery skills and knowledge
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- An understanding of public library practices and knowledge of trends in the provision of services and programs for families
- Leadership and public library experience highly desirable
- Degree or Graduate Diploma in Information Management or equivalent with related relevant experience or lesser formal tertiary qualifications and substantial relevant related experience
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
To find out more about the role, please contact Haylee Eagle, Team Leader Children’s Programs and Services on 03 8734 2622.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59PM on Sunday 19 June 2022.
To enable compliance with State Government requirements as contained in the current Chief Health Officer COVID19 Mandatory Vaccination Directions; you will be required to provide your COVID19 Vaccination Information prior to commencing employment with Council.
We are a proud inclusive employer. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply for our job opportunities. Our commitment is to provide diverse, safe and inclusive environments where everyone can grow and succeed.
- Employee Status: Permanent
- Schedule: Full-time
- Position Description: PD Current - City Life - LCL - Children's Librarian