Children's / Youth Services Librarian
Applications closing on 03 July 2022, 11:00 PM
- Reference number: BR 2
- Job Type: Part Time
- Package: Band 5 $74,995 - $86,559 (pro rata) + Superannuation
- Position Description: BR2-Youth-Services-Librarian-Position-Description-Oct-2021.pdf(PDF, 329KB)
Children’s & Youth Services Librarian
Position Number BR2
Ongoing Part Time (0.65)
Whitehorse Manningham Libraries is seeking an energetic, flexible and pro-active Youth Services Librarian to develop and deliver programs and collections for children and young adults.
About the Role
Whilst working as a Youth Services Librarian you will:
- Design and deliver programs and collections for children and young adults
- Provide literacy support to parents
- Contribute to the development of regional and branch youth services policies and plans
- Foster partnerships within the community that supports early literacy
- Provide quality customer focused information services in the library branch
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Strong information and communication skills
- Formal qualifications in librarianship and be eligible for Associate membership to ALIA; or a relevant tertiary degree qualification and a commitment to gain ALIA recognised qualifications
- A love for early literacy and children
- The ability to undertake a supervisory role when required
- Strong team work skills
- A love of storytelling and program delivery
- The ability to promote the library to children, young adults and their families.
Whilst this position is currently based at the Bulleen Library, the successful applicant may be required to work at any of the Whitehorse Manningham Libraries.
WML offers the following benefits:
- Access to professional development opportunities that support our commitment to life-long learning and a skilled workforce
- Purchased leave arrangements and carry-over arrangements from the Local Government sector
- Employee Assistance Program for staff and their immediate family members
- Annual free flu vaccination
- Ability to salary sacrifice superannuation
This position is subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check and Police Check prior to commencement.
All applicants are required to read the position description prior to submitting an application. For instructions on how to apply and a copy of the position description click on the links available on this page.
All applications must be submitted via the Apply Link (preferred) or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications which do not include all the required information may not be considered.
Recent and soon to be graduates are encouraged to apply.
For further information, contact Jonathan Gosden on 03 9896 4320.
Applications close 11pm Sunday 3 July, 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.