Collection Services Officer
Reference Number: S100-20-669 | Closing Date: 07-10-2020 | Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
- Salary from $70,612.52 to $82,594.66 pa + super (pro rata)
- Permanent part-time opportunity - 28 hours per week
- Learning and development opportunities
About the role
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic library team who play a crucial role in the development and maintenance of a vibrant and customer focused library collection?
Woollahra Libraries is seeking to employ a self-motivated and enthusiastic part time Collection Services Officer to join the Collection Development Team and assist with the management of Woollahra Libraries collections in all formats.
The Collection Services Officer will manage the following on a rotational basis:
- Maintain a high quality inter-library loan service.
- Manage and maintain a quality serials collection.
- Manage all aspects of maintaining up to date and accurate library holdings by undertaking copy and original cataloguing and providing quality control of cataloguing for outsourced materials.
This is a part-time role which includes evening and weekend shifts as rostered. Penalty rates apply when working on a weekend.
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic professional who thrives in a team environment. Your strong customer service skills and ability to see tasks through to completion with or without close supervision will ensure you excel in this role.
- Minimum of a Library Technician Diploma from TAFE or University Information Studies or Information and Knowledge Management (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Library resource management and collection development principles
- Demonstrated experience with cataloguing tools such as OCLC, MARC21, RDA, LCSH, DDC, AACR2, bibliographic formats and standards, and authority files
- An enthusiastic and engaging approach to providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated experience in library operations
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a team member and independently, with proven time management and organisational skills
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including social media, with the ability to effectively liaise, consult and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Competency in all MS office applications including word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher
- Well-developed knowledge and skills in Library technology with the ability to assist customers in the use of such technology
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous self-improvement as well as a positive approach to change, flexibility and adaptability in the work environment
- Current Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated understanding of EEO and WH&S principles
- Demonstrated ability to undertake the physical requirements of the position as outlined in Section D of the position description
- Demonstrated knowledge of Serials Management and /or Inter Library Loans in a library environment
- Current Class C vehicle licence
How to apply
- Apply on line by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Fiona Johnston, Collection Development Librarian on 02 9391 7074 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
CLOSING DATE: Midnight, 7th October 2020
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- View The Job Description (Library - Position Description - Collection Services Officer September 2020.DOCX)
- Preview The Position Requirements