Coordinator Learning and Information Services (Re-advertised)
Lifestyle Economy Environment and Planning - Culture and Lifestyle | Teaching/Education, Arts/Culture
Closing date: 11.45 PM Friday 23 July 2021
Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
This is your chance to embed leading practices into a team to shape the learning culture in the libraries and beyond. We are in the works to open a new library branch in 2022, so new opportunities are endless to co-design experiences with staff and the community.
- Permanent Full-Time opportunity available
- Graduate or post-graduate qualifications in Librarianship
- Blue Card is mandatory
- LGO 7 ($95,658 - $101,521 per annum + superannuation) based on skills, qualifications and experience
Why Choose Us
Townsville City Council is the largest local government authority in Northern Australia.
We are committed to creating value by growing Townsville through driving economic diversity and generating an enriching lifestyle.
Our organisation provides and maintains over $5.4b worth of community assets including water and wastewater network and treatment, bridges, drainage, roads, waste management, community facilities, sporting venues and more. We contribute to an active lifestyle for our residents and visitors through events, providing recreational facilities, protecting the natural environment and heritage, while creating a mentally and physically healthy city.
We lead creation of a city for this and future generations by focusing on our transition to a circular economy that is resilient to social, financial and environmental shocks.
We are a Council led by our community to create an exciting and dynamic future.
Townsville City Council is growing Townsville.
About the role
This position will lead the Learning and Information Services Team in the management of co-designing, planning, and delivering of services for and with the community delivered in branch, externally and online, transitioning to a mature sustainable model. Services include experiences designed for early years with a focus on literacy, children and youth (including school holiday programs), readers engagement, local history, lifestyle, technology, corporate research and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander engagement ensuring that all activities are inclusive and celebrate diversity.
As part of the Library Leadership Team, this position works across a matrix structure of Planning and Business Development, Operations and Resources and Customer Service where each team member plays a functional role to ensure excellent service delivery.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of the connecting formal and information learning internally and with community, industry, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in design thinking and service design.
- Excellent knowledge of current trends and developments in public library services as they relate to the delivery of Learning and Information Services to customers.
- High level experience in building and leading a team and supporting individual capability growth across team members, to enhance resource capability and capacity to meet customer needs, including problem solving skills.
- Ability to influence others working to deliver services within a matrix delivery environment including change management skills.
For further information review the Position Description and/or click Apply.
Closing Date: 11:45pm, Friday 23 July 2021.
What We Offer
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Up to 5 weeks annual leave
- Up to 3 weeks Personal/Carers Leave
- 14 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Domestic and Family Violence Leave
- Natural Disaster Leave
- Long Service Leave available pro rata after seven years
- Up to *13.5% Superannuation employer contribution for contributing members
- Salary Sacrifice opportunities
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership to selected gym, pool, and yoga facilities
- Employee Loyalty Program offering discounts at selected local businesses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Active Family Social Club
- Flexible working arrangements