Coordinator Resource Management
Position number: F2021/00469
Closing date: Wednesday 15 September 2021
Salary: $114,999 to $126,514 pa + 10% super + leaseback vehicle or sustainability allowance
Status: Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
- Library leadership position
- Change management and process improvement
- Create a sense of community
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic person to lead, support and motivate the library’s Resource Management team, which comprises Technical Services, Local Studies and Family History and the Toy and Game Library.
What we value
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- Emotional intelligence
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Decision making skills
- Business and finance acumen
- Commitment to providing excellent customer and community service
Things you will do:
- Co-ordinate the acquisition, cataloguing and processing of books, magazines, a/v materials and toys, to ensure that selected items are shelf-ready within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure that the quality control and integrity of the library catalogue and authority file is maintained.
- Ensure that local history material is collected, preserved, catalogued, indexed, and made accessible to the public.
- Analyse outputs to ensure that the library operates as an effective business and meets the needs of customers and Council.
- Develop and monitor annual budgets, operational plans, and related reporting requirements.
- Provide input, leadership, and recommendations into the strategic direction of library policies, plans and procedures.
View the position description or contact Barbara Todes, Manager Randwick City Library, on 0420 306 092.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.