Customer Services Library Officer
Reference Number: 2023-108 | Closing Date: 13-11-2023 | Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Customer Services Library Officer - Part-time (28 hours per week)
Role is located at Hornsby library.
Please see the roster available at hornsby.nsw.gov.au/careers
Salary: $1,913 to $2,143 per fortnight, plus superannuation.
Appointed rate of pay in this range will be based on skills, qualifications, and experience.
This position offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a customer focused, flexible and organised person who loves problem solving to join our customer service team.
Hornsby Shire is located on Sydney's upper north shore, approximately 25 kilometres north of the CBD. Known as the ‘Bushland Shire’, our local government area is characterised by bushland comprising national park, major waterways, natural reserves and rural landscape. The rest of the Shire combines urban, rural and open spaces.
About the role
In your new role, you will be part of a customer focused team that supports library and information services to Hornsby Shire community by assisting with the provision of efficient and effective information and circulation services.
This is an operational position that relies heavily on teamwork and requires that work be prioritised according to customer need.
The Customer Services Library Officer position has the following major components:
- Provision of quality customer services
- Provision of efficient circulation and information services
- Maintenance of collections and facilities
- Support of library services and programs across the library network
- Operational supervision
The Customer Services Library Officer position requires an enthusiastic, customer oriented person who has well developed communication and organisational skills. Competion of the Diploma in Library and Information Studies accepted by the Australian Library and Information Association is the qualification for the position. The ability to be an effective member of a team is critical to the success of this role as is accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
In your new role you will;
* Be interested in assisting the community
* Be flexible and co-operative approach to work with good problem solving skills
* Have enthusiasm for working in a public library
* Have a commitment to continuous learning
The Customer Services Library Officer is primarily based at the Hornsby Library and may be required to work at other branch libraries.
Completion of Diploma of Library and Information Studies accepted by the Australian Library and Information Association for technician membership is a requirement for this position.
A current Working with Children check is required. Please note that unsuccessful applicants deemed suitable in the recruitment process may be considered for a casual position.
Benefits of Working with Us!
We pride ourselves on having a fantastic culture with a genuine appreciation for work-life balance. Hornsby Council offers a range of benefits including;
- Employee Recognition and Rewards Scheme
- Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing for staff
- Access to a range of health and well-being programs including discounted gym and swim membership, Employee Assistance Program, Fitness Passport, free flu injections and more
- Generous leave provisions including Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Up to 18 weeks Parental Leave
- Personal development benefits ranging from apprenticeships, career development, study assistance and training programs
- An active social club with diverse activities
Please note that double vaccination is required to work in this position and to attend an interview.
For further information, please contact Sharon Lee, Customer Services Co-ordinator, on (02) 9847 6805.
Closing date: 13 November 2023 at 11.30pm
[ View The Job Description (Customer Services Library Officer 2023.doc) ]
[ Preview The Position Requirements ]
[ Customer Services Library Officer roster ]
[ WHS Matrix - Level 6 ]
Apply with SEEK | Apply with COUNCIL
Note: Candidates using mobile devices are strongly advised to use a desktop computer to complete the application forms as they require extensive amounts of typing.