Digital Experience Activator
City and Urban Operations | Geelong, Victoria
Permanent full-time role | Band 5, $73,331 - $84,328 pro rata, plus superannuation
Based at Geelong Library and Heritage Centre
Geelong Regional Library Corporation is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from First Nations peoples and people with diverse gender identities and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, ability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for and represent our community.
Are you looking for challenging, meaningful work in a supportive and diverse environment? Are you looking for a career at one of Victoria’s top library services? Work where community, art and belonging walks hand in hand with curiosity, discovery and learning.
GRLC seeks a user-focused, forward-thinking, collaborative, and technologically adept professional for the specialist position of Digital Experience Activator. Our digital spaces are a primary way for our users to connect with our services, resources, people and libraries, and the incumbent will proactively contribute to activating our libraries to become digitally innovative spaces for our community while supporting team members to deliver innovative and customer responsive services and programs focused on emerging digital technologies.
Reporting to the Library Coordinators, the incumbent will build strong relationships within the community and within GRLC. Working with colleagues and stakeholders, the incumbent will use evidence-based methods to understand user needs and priorities.
Duties and projects may include:
- Identify and develop opportunities and initiatives to engage with community members who are early technology adopters, not engaged with our Library Services
- Foster a culture of learning and engagement by modelling continuous personal learning in technology, including coaching and training of staff in emerging technologies
- Provide specialist advice to relevant coordinators and managers on digital asset management, repurposing, decommissioning, replacement, and purchase on new technologies in response to community need
- Identify and approach local organisations who will benefit from creative and digital activation and engagement programs, with guidance from relevant coordinators and managers.
- Participate in duties required as part of the Geelong Regional Library Corporation team, including supervising teams as required in lieu of senior staff, attending relevant meetings etc…
- Undertake customer service duties as rostered or required
- Design, implement and evaluate programs/events to activate creative spaces, showcase technologies and support customer engagement with creative digital technologies
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in library and information studies or a degree in a relevant sector
- Awareness of the importance of inclusivity, diversity and accessibility in community libraries
- Strong current working knowledge of:
- Best practices and trends in digital user experience research and design
- Proven project management experience, time-management and organisational skills; ability to lead multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and creativity
- Instructional/training experience
How to Apply
Please click the apply button and include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and address key selection criteria contained within the Position Description. Please upload a single electronic file (MS Word or pdf) Please click here for the position description.
Please provide contact information for three references of which at least two have supervised your work.
The successful candidate must have:
- Right to work in Australia. Proof required
- Victoria Working with Children Check – for employees
- Victorian or Australian Driving Licence
- National Name Police check no older than 6 months
Applications close by Sunday 19 March 2023 | Apply
If you have any queries regarding the role, please contact Clare Presser on (03) 4201 0639.
If you require additional support to make an application, or would like to obtain more information, or seek an adjustment to the recruitment process based on your specific needs, please contact the People & Culture team on (03) 4201 0515 to discuss at any time. We will endeavour to accommodate any reasonable request.