Digital Marketer Libraries
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2023
Location: Campsie, NSW, AU
Company: Canterbury-Bankstown Council
Here at CBCity
The City of Canterbury Bankstown is one of the largest Council’s in NSW with the most culturally, socially and economically diverse communities in Sydney. We deliver 21 key services such as childcare, waste collection, parks maintenance, libraries, community facilities and aquatic centres to over 370,000 residents. We are an Award-Winning Council that is regarded as Leader in the Sector including the most innovative company for 2021 and most progressive Council in 2022.
We are looking for a creative, self-motivated and innovative digital marketing specialist, with copywriting experience to create original content to connect our diverse community with our library programs, collections and services. You will work independently and collaboratively in a supportive team environment.
You will be based at Campsie Library on a permanent full-time basis, 35 hours per week, working Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5.00pm. You may be required to work an evening shift with a starting time of 12.00pm and finishing at 8.00pm, due to staff shortages. Once trained and suitably skilled to do so, the Manager may approve the incumbent to work from home under Council’s Working From Home Policy on the understanding that they may be called in at short notice to fill a staff shortage within the service.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Plan, implement and evaluate digital marketing strategies for our Library Service.
- Regularly update content for the library's website, social media and eNewsletter, ensuring content is targeted to the Canterbury-Bankstown community.
- Ensure deadlines are met within time and on budget.
- Provide monthly/annual reports
- Maintain an awareness of current and future trends in digital marketing
- Undertake customer service desk duties as required.
*For a full list of duties, click here to review the position description.
You will have:
- Experience with copywriting, digital marketing, content management systems, eDMs and social media applications.
- Experience with planning and evaluating online marketing strategies.
- Working with Children Check.
- Experience with online analytical tools to determine marketing effectiveness.
- Exceptional oral and written communication & interpersonal skills, including high level English.
The salary range for this opportunity starts at $77,578 (Grade F, Step 1) + 11% super. Salary may be negotiable dependent on skills and experience.
Click here to access salary information for all steps within the designated Grade.
What’s on offer:
• An Attractive Remuneration Package.
• 35-hour week OR an option to work a 9-day fortnight.
• Permanent Full-time position with Local Government conditions such as long service leave after 5 years, annual salary increases and generous parental leave options
• Work with a leading Council which is Award Winning and an Employer of Choice.
• An investment in your career growth, learning and development.
• Access to our employee Health and Wellbeing Programs.
• Campsie location (close to public transport).
For more information, please contact Samantha Leung on 0436 334 497 or Samantha.Leung@cbcity.nsw.gov.au
You will need to submit your application via the ‘Apply’ button below and create a login using your email address and upload a
- Resume; and
- Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria within the position description and explaining your suitability for the role.
Applications close Monday, 13 November 2023.
CBCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We want our workplace to reflect the diverse community we serve. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, experiences and abilities; this includes people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the LGBTQIA+ community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. If you require assistance, please advise the contact person at the time of your application.
Successful applicants may be required to undertake a Criminal History Check, Medical and/or Working with Children Check in accordance with the position.
Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all team members and other workers. Our COVIDSafe Workplace Policy requires all team members to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccination status before commencing employment with CBCity. Council defines ‘up-to-date’ to include having had a third dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. Medical exemptions are only available if you are unable to be vaccinated due to genuine medical contraindications and may be subject to further review. Applications for a medical exemption will be managed in accordance with Council’s COVIDSafe Workplace Policy.