Digital Programs Librarian Community Learning
Job No: BC2684 | Location: Blacktown, NSW
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, halfway between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 415,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 644,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About Blacktown City Libraries
Blacktown City Libraries offers 5 community libraries across our local government area in Mount Druitt, Stanhope Gardens, Riverstone, Lalor Park and our flagship service, the Max Webber Library, in the heart of the Blacktown CBD.
We offer a wide range of services to our community including but not limited to, borrowing services, a digital library, study support services, technology workshops, and multicultural, children and youth services. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality customer services, creating places for people to come together to learn and connect with one another and our resources.
If you would like to know more about Blacktown City Libraries, please visit our website.
About the opportunity
This opportunity is based in our Community Learning team. You will work closely with library information specialists to lead and participate in projects to improve Blacktown City Libraries' web presence. You will develop and engage the community with online programs responsive to their needs.
This role focuses on the provision of quality reference and information services together with promoting innovation by exploring new digital platforms and web presence services.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent as recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA). Eligible for professional membership of ALIA
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering library programs including multimedia content
- Demonstrated strong commitment to a customer-focused service
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and proven problem-solving and communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient user of online resources including databases
- Proficient user of existing and new technologies
- Demonstrated skill and experience in web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics) and feeding results into future system iterations and information architecture
- Current class ‘C’ driver’s license
- Availability to work flexible working hours, including evenings and weekends as rostered.
- Experience with stakeholder liaison
- Experience in budget and/or cash management
- Experience in systems integration techniques (e.g. API, web services)
- First aid certification
- Ability to speak a community language.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- Entry level for this position starts at $1,452.48 per week
- 35-hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flex-time arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 11% employer contribution payable to your nominated superannuation fund, Fitness Passport, gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
We are a child safe organisation that supports and promotes the safety, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
Click here to view or download the position description.
Apply now using our fast and easy-to-use online application process:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing date: Friday 10 November 2023, 11.59 pm
Contact officer: Mary Ternes on (02) 9839 6621 or 0427 970 314
Internal ref: BCC1157