Events and Marketing Library Assistant
Position number: F2023/00103 | Closing date: Tuesday 24 January
Salary: $60,580 -$66,643 +$10.5% super | Status: Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
- Good work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight
- Generous training and development opportunities
- Friendly team environment
Are you a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who has a passion for events and marketing? Do you love libraries and want everyone to know about the amazing resources and activities they provide?
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney. We are seeking a highly organised individual to assist with the development and execution of all promotional activity, including print and digital communications to drive visitation, participation and membership for all of Randwick City Library’s programs, services, events and locations.
What we value
We have a high performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to work
- Willingness to learn
- Technology savvy
- High energy levels
- interpersonal skills
Things you will do:
- Assist with marketing, promotion and presentation of library activities through in-house displays, social media and online marketing
- Assist with the design and distribution of marketing collateral
- Assist with sourcing and securing speakers and performers for events
- Assist with management of the library exhibition space at the Lionel Bowen Library
- Assist with the production of the What’s On in Randwick publication
- Provide exceptional customer service on the circulation desk at the three library locations
- Comply with legislation and Council policies at all times
View the position description PDF, 94.46 KB or contact Sandy Lange, Marketing and Events Senior Library Officer, on (02) 9093 6422.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.