Librarian Business Innovation
Job No: GR3307 | Location: Hurstville
About Our Council
Georges River Council is a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. Our council is dedicated to helping protect our natural environment, providing vibrant public places, sustaining and developing a thriving creative culture and enabling people to move around the area easily. We offer access to a mix of housing options, create exciting job and business opportunities. We are experiencing exciting transformation, with numerous city-changing initiatives and projects underway.
Georges River Libraries have 79 staff working across our five libraries. All our staff are committed to and passionate about working with our local community to provide them with innovative and accessible resources.
Our public library purpose is to provide professional and open access to information as well as to provide a place for the whole community to come together to share ideas, knowledge and experiences. The way we fulfil our role has been and will continue to be transformed by the changing face of our diverse community as well as advances in online sources of information and digital opportunities. We will maintain a special focus on the principles of sustainability, accessibility and the professional development of our staff.
About the Opportunity
Georges River Council is currently seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Librarian Business Innovation to join our dynamic and busy Library Services Team. The successful candidate will support the achievement of innovation and the library’s strategic goals through research, evaluation and project leadership. You will promote the value of the library service and build relationships with key Library and Council stakeholders. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the delivery of programs, loans desk tasks and roving duties at all Georges River Libraries as required.
- Permanent full time - 70 hours per fortnight at Hurstville Library
- Salary from $72,468.09- $83,965.22 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- Wellness perks including, free counselling, flu vaccinations, health-checks, gym subsidy and more
- Deliver innovative services that promote and support our community.
- Tertiary qualifications in Library and Information Science or working towards this qualification.
- Demonstrated project management skills with an ability to innovate and creatively manage strategic projects in a variety of work areas within the library or a business setting.
- Ability to work independently with a demonstrated ability, commitment or enthusiasm to work successfully in a cross-team environment
- High level skills in written and verbal communication including effective business writing, running meetings, providing training and consulting with stakeholder
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Thomas Koruth, Manager Library Services on 02 9330 6162.
If you have made a positive commitment to further your career and you possess the attributes located in the Position Description essential criteria, then please submit your application today! Ensure you provide responses and examples (where appropriate) to all required questions on the application.
Closing Date: 24th September 2020 11:30pm AEST
Georges River Council aims to be a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. We foster our values of Accountability, Professionalism, Unity and Honesty and take pride in promoting the image of Council in the community.
Georges River Council is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion.
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights (with no Visa restrictions) in Australia to apply for this position.