Library Assistant (Full Time)
- Reference Number: S100-20-335
- Closing Date: 09-10-2020
- Employment Type: Temporary Full Time (12 Months )
Library Assistant – Full-Time - Temporary Position (up to 12 months)
About the Role
Do you enjoy helping the community? We are seeking a Library Assistant with exceptional customer service skills. Day to day activities include Library circulation, working with Library products and services, programs and events, basic technology assistance, and operating the Mobile Library vans to deliver services autonomously at locations throughout Wollondilly Shire.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for the preparation and delivery children’s programs. See the Position Description for further information.
Working at Wollondilly Shire Council means you will be provided with a flexible and inclusive working environment that provides a positive, productive and highly skilled workforce where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow.
You will help to achieve our vision to make Wollondilly an even better place, together. You will also live our corporate values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
Salary and Conditions
- Temporary Full-Time position (up to 12 Months)
- 35 hours per week with participation in Council’s flex-time system
- Ability to work on a Monday – Sunday roster as required, with standard days being Tuesday to Saturday.
- Salary commencing from $55,536 per annum, commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant
- 9.5% Superannuation
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
Essential Experience and Minimum Qualifications
- Work experience in a library environment
- Current Class C Drivers Licence and Working with Children Check
Personal Attributes, Communication and Team Work
- Demonstrated experience of working well within a team environment
- Ability follow instruction, work autonomously, and communicate professionally
- Ability and commitment to work in Council’s customer service point rosters, including potential roster extensions across the span of Monday-Sunday
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of high quality customer service
Level of Planning, Problem Solving and Budget
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritise tasks
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of Library information resources, and a willingness to provide assistance, training and support to library customers in the use of office, library and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial transactions in a customer service setting
- Demonstrated understanding of services offered by public libraries and their relationship with communities
- Willingness to assist and deliver Children’s and Adults programs
Further Information: Anniza Abdullah, Client Services Coordinator on (02) 4677 9609.
Closing Date: 5.00pm Friday, 9 October 2020.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website: Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement. Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake a Police Background Check, Credential Check and Bankruptcy Check.
‘Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to Workplace Diversity’
- View The Job Description (Library Assistant PD - 5 September 2020.pdf)
- Preview The Position Requirements