Library Assistant Lending Services (part-time)
- Bring your excellent library customer service skills and have a real impact on the daily lives of our residents
- Join the Barry O’Keefe Library team at a progressive lower north shore council
- Part-time permanent opportunity, 13 hours/week
- Total package for 13 hrs/week from $19,567 to $23,187 pa incl. super, plus travel support
- Apply Now
Join us in creating a vibrant, progressive and sustainable community.
We are an innovative and progressive lower north shore Council with a rich history dating back to the 1890s and many heritage-listed sites. With an abundance of amenities and attractions, this area has something to offer everyone.
We are a smaller Council, offering diverse and rewarding work. As a part-time Library Assistant Lending Services you will be part of a small but ambitious Council, supporting our greatest asset - our community.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilise your customer service skills within library environment to provide high quality service and support to our Library customers.
Mosman Council have a close-knit culture, with networking encouraged to support all teams.
Why You’ll Like Working Here
At Mosman Council, we are committed to our community and its environment and provide our employees with the same level of commitment and care.
The Library has recently welcomed a new Library Services Manager to lead our busy and vibrant team.
The team you will join is welcoming and knowledgeable and ready to collaborate to continually improve our systems and processes.
We offer diverse and rewarding work, ongoing training and development opportunities, health and fitness subsidy, tertiary study assistance program, access to Fitness Passport offering discounted gym memberships, and genuine work-life balance.
Additionally, our staff have the opportunity to deliver on initiatives that have a tangible impact on the daily lives of residents.
We invite you to learn more about what Mosman Council has to offer. View the full list here.
What You’ll Be Working On
On a daily basis, you will provide a high quality customer service to the Library customers at the Library’s Customer Service Desk and ensure that Library items are processed efficiently.
You will be shelving and shelf-checking Library items, deal effectively with external stakeholders, including customer service requests, answering general and directional enquiries.
You’ll be comfortable handling EFTPOS transactions for overdue fines, sales and other payments, and assist with overseeing general tidiness of the Library.
The spread of hours for this position comprises evening shifts on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5.30pm to 9.00pm and alternate Saturday and Sunday shifts from 9.30am to 4.00pm.
What You’ll Bring to the Role
You will be committed to providing high quality customer service and continuous improvement of Library services. Your proven ability to work effectively in a team, be organised and meet deadlines as well as a strong interest in libraries and information science will ensure your success in the role. Also, you will be proficient in using Windows and Microsoft 365 applications.
In addition to the above, you will also hold a Higher School Certificate and a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate.
The position is identified as a Child-Related position under the Commission of Children and Young People Act 1998 and the successful candidate is required to hold a valid Working With Children Check.
How to Apply
- Apply now by completing the online application form below. Please note you can save your application and come back to it later.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria via an online questionnaire. You must answer all required field before you can submit your application.
- You will be asked to upload your Resume/CV and other documentation relevant to the position.
- All documents uploaded must be in Microsoft Word, PDF or JPEG format.
- For further information about the role, please contact Therese Scott on 02 9978 4098 during business hours for a confidential discussion or see the attached Position Description.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Mosman Council, 573 Military Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088.
Applications close: 11.30pm, 5 March 2023 | Apply Now
Mosman Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Mosman Council is committed to creating safer communities for children and young people