Library Assistant (PT)
- Posted: 24/09/2020
- Closing Date: 19/10/2020
- Job Type: Permanent - Part Time
- Location: Oberon Library
- Job Category: Government, Defence & Emergency
POSITION NUMBER - 2019
POSITION OBJECTIVES – Purpose of Position
The Library Assistant is responsible for assisting in the delivery of Library Services to the members of the Oberon Community.
This role reports to the Library Manager
This role will work with the Library Manager, Community Services & Youth Coordinator, and the CTC Coordinator.
HIGHER DUTIES AND RELIEF
This position may be required to act in the capacity of Library Manager as directed.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT is subject to the Local Government (State) Award 2020.
This is a permanent part-time position.
HOURS OF WORK
24 hours a week Wednesday and Thursday 9:15am –3:45pm
Friday 9am-5:30pmSaturday 9am to 1pm
Additional hours, which include evenings and weekends may be required.
THE POSITION IS CLASSIFIED IN OUR SALARY SYSTEM AS GRADE 4
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
This position has no Delegation of Authority.
This role is responsible for:
- Providing Customer Service – face to face, telephone and email;
- Promoting Library services and resources;
- Cataloguing, accessioning, and preparation of resources for loan;
- Ensuring the Library is a safe and welcoming environment and is kept clean, neat and tidy;
- Designing, implementing and evaluating Library programs;
- Assisting the Library Manager to develop policies and best practice guidelines for the Library Service;
- Providing statistics and reports to CSC regarding Library functions, programs and usage;
- Other Library duties as required from time to time
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Relevant experience working in a community Library.
2. Demonstrate working knowledge of cataloguing, accessioning and processing of resources.
3. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills with well developed verbal and written communication skills, including report writing.
4. Solid experience in designing, implementing and promoting library based programs.
5. Demonstrate understanding of Workplace Health and Safety.
6. Required to have a current NSW Working with Children check.
1. Formal qualifications in Library and/or Information Services.
2. Community Planning experience
3. Event Planning experience
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. Provide professional customer service to the Library visitors.
2. Develop, implement, promote and evaluate quality, effective and appropriate Library programs and events.
3. Process new resources in a timely and accurate manner, including cataloguing and accessioning.
4. Provide accurate, timely and informative statistics and reports to the Library Manager and CSD.
5. The Library is presented in a welcoming manner free from hazards.