Library Branch Leader
- Job Number:498097
- Division:Community & Environment
- Employment Status:Permanent
- Categories:Library Services
This role sits within our Cultural Services Department, which includes Galleries, Museums, Libraries, Heritage and Arts and Cultural Activation. Our library service aims to provide engaging leisure and learning experiences by connecting people to resources and each other. We strive for excellence in delivering information, collections, programs and spaces for our customers.
About our opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Library Branch Leader at the Arana Hills Library.
As the Branch Leader, you will lead the Library team in providing contemporary and dynamic library services in order to achieve quality community engagement and provide positive customer service experiences.
To achieve this, you will be responsible for the management and development of:
- the branch library team;
- a library collection that addresses the collection needs of the local community and supports network collection outcomes;
- relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders and regional partners;
- business plans and reports on service outcomes;
- facility and venue maintenance; and
- service and process reviews to deliver strategies and projects.
We are looking for a leader who is experienced and knowledgeable in the delivery of public library services.
As an influential, proactive and passionate leader you will be able to demonstrate your experience and commitment to:
- building positive and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- developing team and individual capabilities; and
- fostering a healthy, inclusive and well-connected workplace.
Well versed with strategy development and business documentation, you will also be proficient and accustomed to developing business plans, reporting, undertaking financial management and managing complex projects.
Preferably, to strengthen your skillset and knowledge base you will have:
- context and an understanding for political and organisational environments similar to Local Government; and
- a tertiary qualification in Library and Information Management.
- Term: Permanent Full Time
- Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 6 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
- Location: Arana Hills Library
- Hours: 72.5 hours, 9-day fortnight.
- $91009 annual salary (up to 12%) + leave loading
- NOTE: This position requires the successful applicant to be available to work any 5 out of 7 days as part of the ordinary hours.
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1900 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our mates and construction program.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Library Branch Leader (PDF)
To obtain further details please contact our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 14 June 2022 23:55