Job No: COUR01 | Location: Gordon
Library Courier – Permanent Full time
- Opportunity to join high performing, organised and creative team closely connected with the Ku-ring-gai Council
- Supportive and friendly team-based culture
- Permanent full-time, 35 hours per week
- Salary from $54,304.70 to $62,975.64 p/a + super
Located 16 km’s north of the Sydney CBD, the Ku-ring-gai area covers 84km2, is home to 124,000 residents and set in one of New South Wales most attractive natural environments.
About the Opportunity
Do you have a passion for libraries and enjoy being on the road? Are you passionate about providing excellent customer service?
Ku-ring-gai Library is seeking a highly motivated and organised individual to join our team as a Library Courier.
In this role, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient transportation of library materials between branches, to Home Library Service members at their place of residence and other selected Council facilities.
As a part of the Library Futures and Technology Team this role will be required to work 35 hours per week. Access to Council’s Flexible Working Hours policy may also be available.
- Punctual and accurate transport of library and other materials and items to Home Library Service members, libraries and Council facilities daily
- Ensure pick-ups and deliveries are completed in the most efficient and safe manner
- Load and unload heavy boxes of books and other materials onto delivery vehicle
- Provide high quality and friendly customer service for both internal and external customers including Home Library Service members, Library and Council staff
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Maintain and care for Library vehicle and equipment as per Council’s requirements
- Safe driving behaviours and abide by NSW road safety rules
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Class C Drivers Licence and minimum 2 years safe driving experience
- Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills to courteously and effectively serve the public and work productively with colleagues
- Strong organisational skills and a flexible approach to work
- Ability to perform duties related to courier deliveries including physical ability to carry out all required tasks
- Basic computer literacy, including word processing, email and spreadsheets
- Current Working with Children clearance number
- 35 hour working week
- Flexible Working Arrangements available
- Learning and development opportunities
- Health & Fitness $100 yearly reimbursement (conditional)
How to apply
Applicants are required to address all Essential Criteria as listed within the Position Description to be eligible for an interview.
Like to know more?
Please contact Ben Hartley, Library Futures and Technology Coordinator on 02 9424 0936
Closes: 11:30pm, 5th February 2023
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer
Make Ku-ring-gai Council Your Next Move - view video here