Date Posted: 18/09/2020
Applications Close: 28/09/2020
Work Type: Permanent - Part Time
Permanent – Part time – 17 Hours per week
Premium Recquatic Membership, Annual Leave Loading of 17.5% and up to 15.5% Superannuation
LGO Level 3 - $63,194 - $67,150 per annum (pro rata)
This is a level 3 position. Salary range is dependant on qualifications and experience.
An opportunity exists for a Library Officer to join the City of Kwinana’s Community Resources Centres. Reporting to the Library Operations Team Leader, you will assist with the operations of the Library and Community Resources by providing information services to the Community, supporting and presenting lifelong learning programs, engaging with the community, contributing to the optimum utilisation of resources and delivering services in a customer centric manner.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous working experience in a similar environment.
- Ability to resolve referencing and research enquiries and knowledge of various Library technological systems.
- Understanding of different types of literacy and ability to facilitate community acquisition of literacy skills.
- High level of skills in Information Technology to assist customers.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve to improve the customer experience.
- Recommend and implement approved changes that will improve Library operations and services to the community.
- Excellent communication and effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Possession of a current National Police Clearance and Driver’s Licence.
To be considered for this position, applicants must address the above criteria in no more than two (2) pages.
For more information relating to the position (not application packs) call Colleen Williams, Library Operations Coordinator on (08) 9236 4301.
Applications close 5.00pm Monday 28 September 2020
Apply online: www.kwinana.wa.gov.au
The City of Kwinana reserves the right to commence recruitment prior to the closing date.
The City of Kwinana promotes and values diversity to create a unique work force. Applicants from diverse backgrounds, such as Aboriginal people, people living with disability or people from different cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The City has the goal of zero harm for its employees, this includes providing a smoke-free environment and minimising exposure to the elements. Conditions of employment are in accordance with the City’s current Enterprise Agreement. For further information please contact our Recruitment team on 9236 4618 or 9236 4628.
Please note: The selected applicants may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical which includes a Drug and Alcohol screen test.